New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The UF Hilton is the ONLY hotel to stay in while in Gainesville!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Baltimore, Maryland
“The UF Hilton is the ONLY hotel to stay in while in Gainesville!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Gainesville from Maryland while our daughter has been a student athlete at the University of Florida for the past four years. The UF Hilton has been our home away from home as it has the best location for the university and is the absolute best hotel (by far) in the Gainesville area. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel offers all of the amenities that you would expect from a full service hotel including a full bar, restaurant, conference center, fitness center, awesome pool, etc. The best part of the UF Hilton is the staff! They are very accommodating and always willing to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. This starts with the front desk staff, the management and the food service staff. It is always a pleasure to come down to breakfast and receive such a warm/friendly welcome from Mr. Wagih. His staff in the food service area are top notch! If you are a gator fan, the UF Hilton is the place to stay. You definitely feel you are a part of Gator Nation when you stay the the UF Hilton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 2 1/2 weeks while my son in law has been a patient at Shands Medical Center. It is amazing to me that this hotel, easily the best in Gainesville, does not appear on Trip Advisors list, much less at the top. The only reason I can imagine for this is that it is probably the most expensive hotel in town (and worth it). While the rooms and bathrooms are spacious and comfortable, they would greatly benefit from an upgrade. The areas in which the hotel shines are the quality of the staff and dining. The staff is more than friendly and helpful. They interact well with each other and that leads to superior customer service. I have eaten breakfast at the breakfast buffet almost every morning. The quality and assortment of the buffet, including made to order omelets, waffles, etc., are as good as I have encountered at the best hotels. I have also had dinner at the hotel almost very night. The menu is varied and the food very well prepared. I wouldn't want to come back to Gainesville, if I could not stay at the Hilton University.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Safet Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best hotel for any event in the Gainesville area. Whether it's a major sporting event, visiting students, events at the Convention Center, other events or business; this you best choice. The personable yet professional care everyone there gave us made us very comfortable. The wait staff at the restaurant was very helpful and accomodating, particularly Mr. Waghi.

Room Tip: Don't know about the spa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Acceptable, clean, with a good-quality staff. However, on the upper-level, the Hilton's policies show some bad judgement. A few months ago they decided to charge $10.00 (plus tax) for internet. Yes, there is complimentary internet in the lobby but to pay these days for internet in the room is just cheap. I like coffee in the lobby...didn't happen. And, a USA Today outside of my room in the morning, again, this is an extra charge. The restaurant is strange, one-half of the menu is a wine list in a place clearly not for fine wine. The other half consists of a few (very few) selections. Little things that I like in a hotel were not there. Short-cutting customers on some very simple and inexpensive features.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Good afternoon Judian96,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service and USA Today Newspapers. While we do charge a nominal fee for the Internet $9.95 (tax included) we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services.

We do offer complimentary coffee in all of our rooms, but if you wanted to go outside of your room to get some fresh brewed coffee, we do offer complimentary coffee in our Albert's Resturant.

One of the many features that Hilton Hotels offer that no other hotels offer is a complimentary version to the USA Today online and we also do provide copies on every floor by the elevators. Hilton believes in leading the way in being a green hotel and we have decided to still provide copies of the USA Today but believed that we can be better stewards for the environment to provide the newspaper online.

I apologize that you did not feel that our menu provided a full variety of options on the menu and I will speak to our food and beverage manager about your concerns. I can assure you that as a hotel we will keep your feedback in mind and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Safe Travels.

Jason Keltz
Jason.Keltz@hilton.com
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during UF graduation weekend and we could not have been more impressed. The facilities were excellent (well-decorated, spacious, very clean) and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Every need we had, any one of multiple very helpful, very professional staff members saw to it that it was met. Despite it being arguably their busiest weekend of the year, they managed to make the hotel feel like a home away from home and treated us like family. No hotel in Gainesville could compare! The restaurant (especially the breakfast) was fantastic and Wagih William, the manager, went out of his way to make sure our family event was a special one. Thanks Hilton Gainesville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're looking for excellence in lodging, hospitality, food, beverage, service and impeccable facilities, it's all here. From reservations, check-in and easing into your clean, comfortable room with the best bedding in Florida, this Hilton does its all for you. Even if you're not a member of the Gator Nation, you'll become its naturalized citizen on your first stay here. Every member of the staff is well trained, most courteous and helpful -- and all are sincerely interested in you and what you need to make your stat more comfortable and enjoyable.

Don't miss out on visiting -- and a long, lingering fun time -- in the "Two Bits Lounge," named after the UF Gators most respected longtime fan and volunteer alum cheerleader whose legend spans decades. Thanks to the great work of the warm, congenial Gary Goldman in restaurant/lounge management, you will have a wonderful time. The ambiance, the food, drinks and service are all superb, without being stuffy. Casual or business dress, all mix well here. And the best bar-tending dynamic duo that I've ever met --- in the lovely and talented Candace and her fun, engaging colleague, Vito -- you'll want to stay just to enjoy the repartee and banter with them. It's a soft sports bar, with great and comfortable decor -- and the restaurant right next door. There is no other place to stay in Gainesville if you value quality, value, excellence in facilities, service and comfort. Room service also is simple and reliable -- and timely, thank goodness.

Our family loves this Hilton -- and its staff, facilities and guest commitment -- so much that we are holding a wedding reception there this summer for our youngest daughter! For business, pleasure or a combo, this is it. And your proximity to I-75 and the UF campus are both extremely convenient. Rates are really excellent if you plan ahead even a little -- and ask about any specials.

The best mall in town, The Oaks, is a hop,skip or jump. Courtesy limo bus service helps you if you don't have a car. Try it!

Again, you'll feel like you've won a lottery if you stay here -- especially if you let Candace, Vito and bossman Gary Goldman rock your good time in the Two Bits Lounge.

I look forward to every return visit -- and even if you don't bleed Orange and BLue, this Hilton has to be on your bucket and re-bucket list!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The UF Hilton is a great facility, and I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. Unfortunately, on my last visit, I was the victim of a cruel prank that I am hopeful the hotel has tried to address. After arriving late and rather tired, I was awakened at 4:30AM by an alarm clock. I checked all of the alarm clocks in the room, and it was not them. I put my ear to the wall and door of the adjacent rooms, but it was not coming from there; it was clearly in my room. I finally found the source of the noise, which was inside a cabinet that houses the safe. After pressing all of the buttons on the safe, the alarm continued. The front desk attendee came to assist, but he was perplexed as well. The cabinet was too large to reach behind to unplug the safe, so the attendant instead reached behind the safe in search of a power source. That's when he found a free standing, plastic alarm clock someone had hidden as a prank. Needless to say, I was rather annoyed that someone would do this. The attendant was very nice and apologized, but I really wasn't able to go back to sleep after it all. I am hopeful that the hotel has tried to find the source of the prank, and if it turns out to be an employee, I hope that person loses his/her job. I really don't want you to not stay at the UF Hilton because of my unique experience, but now you know where to look if this happens to you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business