“Best Hilton Experience Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Des Moines, Iowa
“Best Hilton Experience Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during UF graduation weekend and we could not have been more impressed. The facilities were excellent (well-decorated, spacious, very clean) and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Every need we had, any one of multiple very helpful, very professional staff members saw to it that it was met. Despite it being arguably their busiest weekend of the year, they managed to make the hotel feel like a home away from home and treated us like family. No hotel in Gainesville could compare! The restaurant (especially the breakfast) was fantastic and Wagih William, the manager, went out of his way to make sure our family event was a special one. Thanks Hilton Gainesville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're looking for excellence in lodging, hospitality, food, beverage, service and impeccable facilities, it's all here. From reservations, check-in and easing into your clean, comfortable room with the best bedding in Florida, this Hilton does its all for you. Even if you're not a member of the Gator Nation, you'll become its naturalized citizen on your first stay here. Every member of the staff is well trained, most courteous and helpful -- and all are sincerely interested in you and what you need to make your stat more comfortable and enjoyable.

Don't miss out on visiting -- and a long, lingering fun time -- in the "Two Bits Lounge," named after the UF Gators most respected longtime fan and volunteer alum cheerleader whose legend spans decades. Thanks to the great work of the warm, congenial Gary Goldman in restaurant/lounge management, you will have a wonderful time. The ambiance, the food, drinks and service are all superb, without being stuffy. Casual or business dress, all mix well here. And the best bar-tending dynamic duo that I've ever met --- in the lovely and talented Candace and her fun, engaging colleague, Vito -- you'll want to stay just to enjoy the repartee and banter with them. It's a soft sports bar, with great and comfortable decor -- and the restaurant right next door. There is no other place to stay in Gainesville if you value quality, value, excellence in facilities, service and comfort. Room service also is simple and reliable -- and timely, thank goodness.

Our family loves this Hilton -- and its staff, facilities and guest commitment -- so much that we are holding a wedding reception there this summer for our youngest daughter! For business, pleasure or a combo, this is it. And your proximity to I-75 and the UF campus are both extremely convenient. Rates are really excellent if you plan ahead even a little -- and ask about any specials.

The best mall in town, The Oaks, is a hop,skip or jump. Courtesy limo bus service helps you if you don't have a car. Try it!

Again, you'll feel like you've won a lottery if you stay here -- especially if you let Candace, Vito and bossman Gary Goldman rock your good time in the Two Bits Lounge.

I look forward to every return visit -- and even if you don't bleed Orange and BLue, this Hilton has to be on your bucket and re-bucket list!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The UF Hilton is a great facility, and I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. Unfortunately, on my last visit, I was the victim of a cruel prank that I am hopeful the hotel has tried to address. After arriving late and rather tired, I was awakened at 4:30AM by an alarm clock. I checked all of the alarm clocks in the room, and it was not them. I put my ear to the wall and door of the adjacent rooms, but it was not coming from there; it was clearly in my room. I finally found the source of the noise, which was inside a cabinet that houses the safe. After pressing all of the buttons on the safe, the alarm continued. The front desk attendee came to assist, but he was perplexed as well. The cabinet was too large to reach behind to unplug the safe, so the attendant instead reached behind the safe in search of a power source. That's when he found a free standing, plastic alarm clock someone had hidden as a prank. Needless to say, I was rather annoyed that someone would do this. The attendant was very nice and apologized, but I really wasn't able to go back to sleep after it all. I am hopeful that the hotel has tried to find the source of the prank, and if it turns out to be an employee, I hope that person loses his/her job. I really don't want you to not stay at the UF Hilton because of my unique experience, but now you know where to look if this happens to you.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is spotless and the staff is friendly and attentive. It feels like home away from home. I was there because my dog required surgery at UF Vet School (excellence abounds there too!). The staff at the Hilton could not have been more thoughtful and interested in our pup's progress. A very friendly pet hotel! The food, both in the dining room as well as at the 2-bits bar, offers a great selection and is excellent. The service is impeccable and friendly. Should you have placed a "do not disturb" sign on your door in the morning, you will find that housekeeping has cleaned your room in the mid afternoon while you were out. I am widely traveled and have had many "experiences". I highly recommend the wonderful experience of staying at the Hilton UF Conference Center. I will definitely return.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is spotless and nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff is great and the fitness center is very well equipped (free headphones to use, towels, water, etc.). The pool and outdoor area is great as well. Very close to UF. I only wished it had free wifi. $10 a day seems like a lot when you pay $180 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon AVGW,

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy to read about the great things you said about our rooms and fitness center. We recently added brand new equipment to our fitness center in order to provide a better product to our guests that use it. I am also happy to read on how the staff was so helpful. Again, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of the hotel, I welcome you back.

Go Gators,

Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice hotel and very close to UF campus so that is convenient. However, the WiFi is not free and the signal in the rooms is not great. The TV set did not work well and the engineer just wiggled the wires and left. Worked until you turned off and on again and then you were back to square one.

Not the level of what I expect when I check into a Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear DKFL1956,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and you cannot beat the location to the University of Florida. I apologize that you had issues with the TV in your room and I can assure that I spoke with our engineering department and they are going to check out all the TV's in the room to ensure that all of them work.

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy to share your experience with us and again I deeply apologize that you had issues with your room. It is comments like yours that allow us to provide a better service and product to all of our guests. I hope that next time you are in Gainesville, FL, that you chose our hotel.

If there is anything that you need please feel free to contact me at Jason.keltz@hilton.com

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Gainesville Hilton Conference Center is a lovely property. It has a fantastic outdoor pool and workout facility. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The room was clean and quite. I will definately select this hotel next time I am in Gainesville.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good afternoon Julia G.

I 100% agree with you, we are a Gainesville Gem and I am so very happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I have to say that I think we have one of the best pools in the City and I am so very happy that you were able to enjoy it. I also know that we have the best breakfast buffet in the city as well and I am happy that you had a good breakfast to start off your day. I must say that the numerous selections that we have on our buffet makes every breakfast a great breakfast.

Next time you are in Gainesville, Florida, I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us again. I hope you have a great rest of your week.