“Gainesville's best hotel”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Fort Myers, Florida
“Gainesville's best hotel”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is spotless and nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff is great and the fitness center is very well equipped (free headphones to use, towels, water, etc.). The pool and outdoor area is great as well. Very close to UF. I only wished it had free wifi. $10 a day seems like a lot when you pay $180 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon AVGW,

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy to read about the great things you said about our rooms and fitness center. We recently added brand new equipment to our fitness center in order to provide a better product to our guests that use it. I am also happy to read on how the staff was so helpful. Again, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of the hotel, I welcome you back.

Go Gators,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice hotel and very close to UF campus so that is convenient. However, the WiFi is not free and the signal in the rooms is not great. The TV set did not work well and the engineer just wiggled the wires and left. Worked until you turned off and on again and then you were back to square one.

Not the level of what I expect when I check into a Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear DKFL1956,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and you cannot beat the location to the University of Florida. I apologize that you had issues with the TV in your room and I can assure that I spoke with our engineering department and they are going to check out all the TV's in the room to ensure that all of them work.

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy to share your experience with us and again I deeply apologize that you had issues with your room. It is comments like yours that allow us to provide a better service and product to all of our guests. I hope that next time you are in Gainesville, FL, that you chose our hotel.

If there is anything that you need please feel free to contact me at Jason.keltz@hilton.com

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Gainesville Hilton Conference Center is a lovely property. It has a fantastic outdoor pool and workout facility. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The room was clean and quite. I will definately select this hotel next time I am in Gainesville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good afternoon Julia G.

I 100% agree with you, we are a Gainesville Gem and I am so very happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I have to say that I think we have one of the best pools in the City and I am so very happy that you were able to enjoy it. I also know that we have the best breakfast buffet in the city as well and I am happy that you had a good breakfast to start off your day. I must say that the numerous selections that we have on our buffet makes every breakfast a great breakfast.

Next time you are in Gainesville, Florida, I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us again. I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am a Gainesville, Fl. Resident and stayed at this Hilton for the duration of my home repair. While there I was cared for with great consideration by the entire staff. I ate delicious well prepared meals in the restaurant. The beds are very comfortable, and the housekeeping staff kept my room and the public spaces spotless! If you are a Gator you must see the unique UF art displayed for sale in the lobby----where else can this happen? I would not stay any where else in Gainesville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best Gainesville hotel. Other than hotel restaurant, no restaurants within walking distance making expensive breakfast particularly annoying. Hotel is walking distance to UF museums which is very nice. Public areas kept much too cold making bar and restaurant uncomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Good afternoon KBM212,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. I first want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay was with us. I am sorry that the conference area was too cold for you and I will speak with our engineering department to see what they can do to have the A/C flow at a consistent temperature. I am happy to read that you were able to enjoy the museums that are right across the street from us. Again, I thank you for your comments and I hope next time you come to Gainesville, you will stay with us.

At your service,

Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff were extremely nice, helpful and friendly. The bar was the only available dinner option on Sunday and the food was better than expected. Our issues were the room itself. The TV service is below standard. A slow guide channel that scrolls without control and incorrect labels/ channels. The bed was made without a top sheet and when you pull the tight blanket the sheet pulls out too. Nothing horrible just not up to Hilton expectations.

• Stayed April 2013
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed her for 5 days on business. No complaints whatsoever at this exceptional service focused hotel. Prime location for dining, shopping, etc. The customer service from the room service to the bars and restaurants were outstanding. The room was large in size and very comfortable, quiet and safe. All food ordered within the hotel was absolutely delicious. The wings and french fries were the best we have ever had. (I am a wing connoisseur). The exercise room is large and had a variety of workout equipment. It is located on the bottom floor, near the outdoor pool. The shuttle drove us downtown to an awesome restaurant and the driver showed us all the hot spots. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay at this great hotel. Just an all around great experience! This is the only hotel I wall stay at in Gainesville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business