WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Boca Raton, Florida
“Kind and courteous staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month around Christmas time and my husband and I had a problem with our sink and television. I contacted the front desk the morning after we checked in to let them know we had a problem. After having lunch at Albert's Restaurant (where we had excellent food and an amazing server named Candace) we returned to our room to find that our problems were not resolved. I then contacted the front desk once again and within 5 minutes a kind young man named David from the maintenance department came up and got our television working properly and also resolved our sink problems. After apologizing for not getting service that morning, he then offered us breakfast coupons, which we declined because of our H Honors status we already receive breakfast coupons. He then asked if there was anything else he could do to help us for being inconvenienced. The problem being resolved was all that we needed. My husband offered him gratuity for helping us in such a timely manner which he politely declined and apologized once again for no one helping us when we initially called. It was great to be treated with respect and we will be returning to this hotel anytime we are in the Gainesville area, thanks to this kind gentleman. Upon checkout the front desk clerk thanked us for our loyalty and I was amazed that they remembered that I was an H Honors guest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas, and they treated us like family. Everyone from the wait staff to the heads of food/beverage services and marketing went above and beyond to ensure we were well taken care of. Our rooms were spacious and clean and were actually about to undergo renovations, even though they were already nicer (better pillows, mattresses, closet space, countertops, etc.) than many other comparably priced hotels. -- That just shows the care and pride they take in their hotel.

We could not have asked for a better visit! Thank you to Wagih William and everyone at Hilton. We will see you again on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have attended meeting here for the last 3 years. On this visit I have been treated like royalty by Waigh William, Food & Beverage Director. Our server Denise in the restaurant gave us outstanding service. Also Loren in reservations came out to meet me and thanked me for my visit. This has been the most pleasant experience I have had in the 35 years I have been traveling in my job as a Sales professional.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel to Gainesville and this my favorite hotel in town. Very nice hotel for a smaller town like Gainesville. Clean, comfortable rooms, and a great location convenient to UF, restaurants and I-75. The management has done a good job updating the rooms and hallways over the years. Typically the rates are very good for the quality of the hotel. As you would expect the hotel significantly upcharges during special events: UF football games, graduation weekends..,

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month if not twice a month and usually 2 to 4 nights at a time. I have never been treated anything but excellent, every time I have been there!! From checking in late, usually 7 pm or later I am greated by Marlea who smiles and welcomes me, knows me by name and always greets me as such! I get my room key and she always adds, if you need anything, just let me know. When I enter the room, there is always a light on, which is nice no fumbling in the dark and jazz music playing to welcome me. In morning I am always welcomed by Denise and Emma taking me to my favorite table. They both are exceptional , taking care of anything you need. Fresh fruit and yummy items from oatmeal to a fresh omelette is yours depending on your mood. Wagih always greets me when I check in and in morning, "are you joining us for breakfast?" So glad to see you again is his greeting. In evening if you eat there, the 2 Bits bar and grill is excellent!!! Great food great atmosphere and great service, Kelsey and Vito are excellent, recommend when you do not know what you want and very attentive, bringing you drink refreshments with a smile. On a recent stay they were swamped and ran around making sure every guest had the same excellent experience. My favorite at this hotel is Theresa at the front desk. "checking to make sure you have everything you need" Always a smile and a pleasant voice! Was there one night to check in and the guest in front of me was quite rude, she never lost her composure and made the guest happy. I work for a very large retail company and customer service is number one in my company and I can tell you from personal experience, this staff goes above and beyond for every guest!! I even had an issue with housekeeping in my room and when I spoke with Theresa it was handled and when I came back after a long day was welcomed with a wonderful room!!! Stay here!! You will not be disappointed!~

Room Tip: Speak to front desk,, they will help you get exactly what you want!
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Convenient location to stay for business at Shands and UF. Parking is not the greatest. The hotel and rooms are decorated in Gator decor (blah). The rooms are comfy and clean. There was no lotion in the rooms. Generally, Hilton provides decent toiletries. Albert's was average. Unfortunately, I did not get to try out the bar area. It seemed like it was pretty nice,

Room Tip: Plan on walking far from your car to the hotel. Make sure you pack an umbrella!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Branford, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to Alberts for Christmas Day dinner and it's now five days later and we are still dealing with the issue. Our meal was great, however we payed with two credit cards and have since been charged multiple times and overcharged an outrageous amount on both cards. The meal was $101.06 and one card should have been charged $30 and the other $71.06. Instead one card was charged $101.06 and $85.27 and the other card was charged $85.27 twice. My mother and I went to the Hotel after not being able to contact anyone by phone and we stood around for over two hours and was passed from one person to the next until they finally gave us to the restaurant manager who said he would refund one of the cards the difference between the over charged amount and the actual amount.

The manager also treated us to a meal after waiting for so long and dealing with so much stress. The food was once again excellent. However, since then we have had another charge come up onto my husbands card and my mothers bank suspended one of the transactions and the other went through. We have been passed from one person to another so many times, and still have yet to have the issue resolved. I have never had something like this happen at any restaurant, hotel, or business and I don't feel this is appropriate to do with peoples bank accounts especially during the holiday season!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family