Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$80
Hampton Inn Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
Hampton.com
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$73
$109
$99
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$105
$98
Doubletree.com
$98
$93
Priceline
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
BestWestern.com
$114
$97
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Comfort Inn University(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
Priceline
1,232 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekendshospital
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month if not twice a month and usually 2 to 4 nights at a time. I have never been treated anything but excellent, every time I have been there!! From checking in late, usually 7 pm or later I am greated by Marlea who smiles and welcomes me, knows me by name and always greets me as such! I get my room key and she always adds, if you need anything, just let me know. When I enter the room, there is always a light on, which is nice no fumbling in the dark and jazz music playing to welcome me. In morning I am always welcomed by Denise and Emma taking me to my favorite table. They both are exceptional , taking care of anything you need. Fresh fruit and yummy items from oatmeal to a fresh omelette is yours depending on your mood. Wagih always greets me when I check in and in morning, "are you joining us for breakfast?" So glad to see you again is his greeting. In evening if you eat there, the 2 Bits bar and grill is excellent!!! Great food great atmosphere and great service, Kelsey and Vito are excellent, recommend when you do not know what you want and very attentive, bringing you drink refreshments with a smile. On a recent stay they were swamped and ran around making sure every guest had the same excellent experience. My favorite at this hotel is Theresa at the front desk. "checking to make sure you have everything you need" Always a smile and a pleasant voice! Was there one night to check in and the guest in front of me was quite rude, she never lost her composure and made the guest happy. I work for a very large retail company and customer service is number one in my company and I can tell you from personal experience, this staff goes above and beyond for every guest!! I even had an issue with housekeeping in my room and when I spoke with Theresa it was handled and when I came back after a long day was welcomed with a wonderful room!!! Stay here!! You will not be disappointed!~

Room Tip: Speak to front desk,, they will help you get exactly what you want!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Convenient location to stay for business at Shands and UF. Parking is not the greatest. The hotel and rooms are decorated in Gator decor (blah). The rooms are comfy and clean. There was no lotion in the rooms. Generally, Hilton provides decent toiletries. Albert's was average. Unfortunately, I did not get to try out the bar area. It seemed like it was pretty nice,

Room Tip: Plan on walking far from your car to the hotel. Make sure you pack an umbrella!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to Alberts for Christmas Day dinner and it's now five days later and we are still dealing with the issue. Our meal was great, however we payed with two credit cards and have since been charged multiple times and overcharged an outrageous amount on both cards. The meal was $101.06 and one card should have been charged $30 and the other $71.06. Instead one card was charged $101.06 and $85.27 and the other card was charged $85.27 twice. My mother and I went to the Hotel after not being able to contact anyone by phone and we stood around for over two hours and was passed from one person to the next until they finally gave us to the restaurant manager who said he would refund one of the cards the difference between the over charged amount and the actual amount.

The manager also treated us to a meal after waiting for so long and dealing with so much stress. The food was once again excellent. However, since then we have had another charge come up onto my husbands card and my mothers bank suspended one of the transactions and the other went through. We have been passed from one person to another so many times, and still have yet to have the issue resolved. I have never had something like this happen at any restaurant, hotel, or business and I don't feel this is appropriate to do with peoples bank accounts especially during the holiday season!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great location, convenient to the University of Florida Campus and the Shands Cancer Center, Multiple Restaurants (Bonefish Grille, Outback, TGIFridays to name a few) and Shopping Close by (Target, Best Buy).

Friendly and Knowlegeable Staff - Jacqueline and Jason (Front Desk), Kelsey, Emma and Dana (Restaurant Servers).

Beautiful Pool area and a clean well equiped Gym facility.

Delicious Food in the Bar or Restaurant

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DiamondBoy-Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I left two tempurpedic pillows in my room (valuable as they cost $100 each) in my room when I checked out. Clearly, I was foolish to forget them. However, these things happen in hotels and you'd like to trust a major hotel flag like Hilton to handle the situation professionally and appropriately. Neither occurred.

I didn't realize my mistake until later in the day and returned to the hotel. When I returned that evening, the security guard searched everywhere for me and found 1 of the 2 pillows (without the our pillow cases). He stated the item was "hidden" on a different floor from my room and that he could not find the other. He insinuated theft based upon the location of the pillow he did find.

The entire management staff has been unresponsive. The manager, Jason, has been completely unprofessional in his lack of responsiveness to the issue. I had to send a family member to the hotel to get a response. He finally cooperated because someone was in his presence. At that time, he actually provided BOTH pillow cases but still couldn't locate the 2nd pillow.

He asked us to please not file a police report but to wait for the insurance company to contact us within the week. Two weeks have passed without word from the insurance company and Jason has not responded to any phone calls.

I have called this hotel 5-10 times regarding this matter. In each instance, someone has taken my name and phone number so they can "research the matter." I have also left voicesmails for Jason the manager. In every instance, I did not receive a call back.

Perhaps the cost of my stupidity is a $100 pillow. That's my mistake to live with, and I can accept that. What I cannot accept is the hotel's complete lack of professional courtesy in what is likely a matter of staff theft.

I do not recommend this hotel. I do not trust the housekeeping staff, and I certainly do not trust the management to handle any guest difficulties with professionalism and follow through.

The hypocrisy is this... I know management is trained to respond to negative feedback in these forums. If the hotel management actually replies to this note, it will be the first time anyone has taken the time to respond to me in this matter.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott M
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Good afternoon Scott M,

I am deeply sorry that you feel that there is a lack of support from the hotel in regards to your missing pillow; I can assure you this is not the case. I can assure you that we take every claim of lost items seriously and we do everything that we can to locate an item that is left behind and I can assure you that theft is not a problem at our hotel. We have many items that are turned into us on a daily basis and those items are reunited with their owners.

I spoke with your father when he came in and that is when we were able to locate on of the pillows and the pillow cases. I also informed your father to give us a week or so we can search everywhere for the other pillow. Your father called a few days after that and I told him that we were unable to locate the extra pillow and he asked what is next, that is when I said that I can submit a claim to our insurance company, which is what I did.

I spoke to your father several times and I believe I spoke with you about a week or so ago, so while I understand your frustration with the pillow not being found, I can assure you that the communication has been there and also that we checked everywhere in our hotel. You stated that you wanted to call the police and I said that I highly doubt that anyone would steal the pillow and that I will submit the missing pillow with our insurance company and I told your father the same thing, I never said not to call the police.

Again, I understand your frustration with losing the pillow and I can assure our housekeeping staff and myself included looked everywhere for your pillow and were not able to find them.

I am out of the office until 12/28/12, but I will check the status of the claim with the insurance company and I will have someone call you by Monday.

At your service,