1,246 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolhospitalclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to Alberts for Christmas Day dinner and it's now five days later and we are still dealing with the issue. Our meal was great, however we payed with two credit cards and have since been charged multiple times and overcharged an outrageous amount on both cards. The meal was $101.06 and one card should have been charged $30 and the other $71.06. Instead one card was charged $101.06 and $85.27 and the other card was charged $85.27 twice. My mother and I went to the Hotel after not being able to contact anyone by phone and we stood around for over two hours and was passed from one person to the next until they finally gave us to the restaurant manager who said he would refund one of the cards the difference between the over charged amount and the actual amount.

The manager also treated us to a meal after waiting for so long and dealing with so much stress. The food was once again excellent. However, since then we have had another charge come up onto my husbands card and my mothers bank suspended one of the transactions and the other went through. We have been passed from one person to another so many times, and still have yet to have the issue resolved. I have never had something like this happen at any restaurant, hotel, or business and I don't feel this is appropriate to do with peoples bank accounts especially during the holiday season!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great location, convenient to the University of Florida Campus and the Shands Cancer Center, Multiple Restaurants (Bonefish Grille, Outback, TGIFridays to name a few) and Shopping Close by (Target, Best Buy).

Friendly and Knowlegeable Staff - Jacqueline and Jason (Front Desk), Kelsey, Emma and Dana (Restaurant Servers).

Beautiful Pool area and a clean well equiped Gym facility.

Delicious Food in the Bar or Restaurant

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DiamondBoy-Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I left two tempurpedic pillows in my room (valuable as they cost $100 each) in my room when I checked out. Clearly, I was foolish to forget them. However, these things happen in hotels and you'd like to trust a major hotel flag like Hilton to handle the situation professionally and appropriately. Neither occurred.

I didn't realize my mistake until later in the day and returned to the hotel. When I returned that evening, the security guard searched everywhere for me and found 1 of the 2 pillows (without the our pillow cases). He stated the item was "hidden" on a different floor from my room and that he could not find the other. He insinuated theft based upon the location of the pillow he did find.

The entire management staff has been unresponsive. The manager, Jason, has been completely unprofessional in his lack of responsiveness to the issue. I had to send a family member to the hotel to get a response. He finally cooperated because someone was in his presence. At that time, he actually provided BOTH pillow cases but still couldn't locate the 2nd pillow.

He asked us to please not file a police report but to wait for the insurance company to contact us within the week. Two weeks have passed without word from the insurance company and Jason has not responded to any phone calls.

I have called this hotel 5-10 times regarding this matter. In each instance, someone has taken my name and phone number so they can "research the matter." I have also left voicesmails for Jason the manager. In every instance, I did not receive a call back.

Perhaps the cost of my stupidity is a $100 pillow. That's my mistake to live with, and I can accept that. What I cannot accept is the hotel's complete lack of professional courtesy in what is likely a matter of staff theft.

I do not recommend this hotel. I do not trust the housekeeping staff, and I certainly do not trust the management to handle any guest difficulties with professionalism and follow through.

The hypocrisy is this... I know management is trained to respond to negative feedback in these forums. If the hotel management actually replies to this note, it will be the first time anyone has taken the time to respond to me in this matter.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott M
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Good afternoon Scott M,

I am deeply sorry that you feel that there is a lack of support from the hotel in regards to your missing pillow; I can assure you this is not the case. I can assure you that we take every claim of lost items seriously and we do everything that we can to locate an item that is left behind and I can assure you that theft is not a problem at our hotel. We have many items that are turned into us on a daily basis and those items are reunited with their owners.

I spoke with your father when he came in and that is when we were able to locate on of the pillows and the pillow cases. I also informed your father to give us a week or so we can search everywhere for the other pillow. Your father called a few days after that and I told him that we were unable to locate the extra pillow and he asked what is next, that is when I said that I can submit a claim to our insurance company, which is what I did.

I spoke to your father several times and I believe I spoke with you about a week or so ago, so while I understand your frustration with the pillow not being found, I can assure you that the communication has been there and also that we checked everywhere in our hotel. You stated that you wanted to call the police and I said that I highly doubt that anyone would steal the pillow and that I will submit the missing pillow with our insurance company and I told your father the same thing, I never said not to call the police.

Again, I understand your frustration with losing the pillow and I can assure our housekeeping staff and myself included looked everywhere for your pillow and were not able to find them.

I am out of the office until 12/28/12, but I will check the status of the claim with the insurance company and I will have someone call you by Monday.

At your service,

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a great location - right next to the U of F campus and around the corner from Archer Street, where there are lots of restaurants and stores. The hotel has a nice looking bar and restaurant, however we did not eat there. We checked the breakfast menu ($12/pp for the cold continental buffet - I think the hot buffet was $16/pp, and $18 for eggs benedict) and ended up going down to the Panera on Archer.
The reception (Jacqueline at check in was really nice and helpful) and public areas were spacious and well-appointed. Great gym and pretty pool. The room was nicely furnished, the bed very comfortable, the bath relatively clean (some mildew spots in the shower grout, but this is hot and humid Florida - what white grout DOESN'T have mildew?). Amenities in the room included a flat screen tv and safe big enough to fit a laptop. Nice soaps in the bathroom, but only a shampoo and conditioner, no lotion or shower cap or bath gel.
I would have rated this hotel a 5, but what brought it down was A) the 6th floor hallway was in dire need of a vacuum, and B) maintenance and housekeeping in the room. First, they have a complimentary coffee maker, which is a big plus, but there were 3 decaf and 1 regular packages. Luckily, on the first morning my husband didn't want coffee, so I had the 1 regular. On the second day, the coffee had not been refreshed, which meant neither of us was able to have a cup of regular coffee. I could have called down to the desk, but it was 0600 and we were rushing to get out early, so we waited until we got to the Panera for our first cup. Second, I used the last couple of facial tissues but no new box had been put in after the room had been cleaned. Third, the sink was very slow draining and when we came back late that night after being gone all day, there was a gross ring of something about a third of the way up the sink - I guess housekeeping had rinsed something in the sink and didn't wait for it to drain before walking away. I reported the slow drain on check out so the next guest wouldn't have to deal with it. The toilet also didn't always do a full flush unless you held down the handle for a few seconds. And lastly, the bed had very nice linens, but the duvet was covered top and bottom with flat sheets. Unfortunately, they weren't folded or fixed to the duvet in any way, so they of course immediately scrunched down, leaving the duvet uncovered and all previous guests' germs right up next to our faces when sleeping.
I normally love Hilton Hotels and actually feel a little guilty giving this one a 3 out of 5, but it just wasn't up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

love the accommodations and staff. Albert's Restaurant has some of the best food in Gainesville. Their servers are very attentive and friendly. Emma is the server who i often get. She always remembers my name and is beyond accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2012