WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Dresher, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Stay When Visiting UF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent two nights at The Hilton and thought it was the best out of the 4 hotels we've stayed out while visiting our son at UF. The room was nicely appointed, had plenty of outlets for charging our phones, computer and ipad. The beds were VERY comfortable. The shower was refreshing and best of all the towels were large and absorbent. There were plenty of hooks in the bathroom which was very convenient. We had a delicious breakfast in the dining room both days, the waitstaff and managers were very friendly and accomodating. The pool area was very nice as well. Overall a perfect stay and a hotel we will return to on future visits to Gainesville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff. We were there on Halloween night for a family funeral in Gainesville . Our granddaughter had to miss trck or treat. The staff arranged for her to trick it treat in the hotel lobby. Very nice.

Rooms are large, clean and up to date.

• Stayed November 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great hotel, very clean, nice staff, good area, everything you need they have, really a great hotel.

The only weird thing is the light switch in the bathroom was a little touchy. It seemed to work sometimes and not others, not sure if it was me or the switch.

Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here one night due to being a Hilton HHonors member. The hotel and rooms are great. And the lobby is posh and second-to-none. However, I am giving this place only 3 stars due to one of the *worst* front desk clerks I have ever met, and I have traveled all over the world, so that is saying a lot.
She worked during the day on Friday, October 26th, and I won't put her name here, lest it be removed. But Hilton should be ashamed of hiring such a lazy, rude, and useless front desk clerk. Many guests were waiting to check-in, even though rooms were ready. She should be hitting the unemployment line, if there is any justice in the world.
(by comparison, the next morning, the front desk clerks were awesome)
I most likely will never return to this location again, because of that one horrible person. In a hotel, the first impression you get is of the person welcoming you. She was someone who refused to take any action to help anyone, coming up with every excuse in the book. Terrible.
p.s.: The location isn't actually in the cool part of UF. You will need a car to get to the hip spots of W University Ave. If you're looking to walk in the fun parts of downtown, this is NOT the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CanadianTimelord
HiltonUF, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear CanadianTimelord,

I first want to apologize for your experience at our hotel. I am deeply sorry that you did not get the service we want all of our guest to receive when they stay with us. If you can please email me at Jason.keltz@hilton.com so you can provide me with more details and I can address the issue you had with the front desk agent promptly. I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we can improve our services as I hope you will give us a second chance so we can show you what you experienced was not the norm.

HiltonUF
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Alright. I haven't stayed here for a few years. But it is a Hilton. I can rely on quality maintaining. Right? Wrong! This nice hotel right across from University of Florida has felt the depression. I don't mean economically speaking, necessarily; but as it would be defined by psychologists. Somebody in management of this hotel is depressed and that has filtered into how this hotel is maintained. First, the bathroom in our room: the tub is in a state of obvious disrepair - but nothing that some fresh calk couldn't fix. There is mildew between tiles and the curtain is also mildewed. The vent is full of dust and who-knows-what-else. And there was that dead roach by the bed... We went for the $15 buffet breakfast on Friday mining. No glasses out for juice. The omelette station featured empty condiment holders and the cook attempting to clean a pan that ha stuck- on egg with a dirty rag. I have been here 3 days and cannot bring myself to order an omelette. Then there are these strangely designed booths that look like they are encircled by mattresses. All in all, this hotel can be fixed with just someone paying attention. It can't be that hard.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FoodKnight1
Jason K, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear FoodKnight1
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel and I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and daily operations. We appreciate your loyalty to us and to our brand and we're sorry we let you down. I can assure you that the health and safety of our guest is a top priority and we've work with a pest control company to rectify any possible issue. I've also talked to our housekeeping staff about our strict protocols for servicing rooms and emphasized the importance of a fresh appearance for our guests.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you return for much better experience.

Wagih William
Director of Food & Beverage
wwilliam@hiltongainesvilleuf.com
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I routinely travel to Gainesville for business and, whenever possible, I stay at the UF Hilton on 34th St. This hotel is meticulously maintained and I know that every detail will be attended to my fullest satisfaction. I also like that the hotel is a very short drive from almost everywhere in Gainesville, and right across the street from the University of Florida.

My typical stay is for one or two nights, in a standard king room, when available. The rooms are always spotless, and the beds and bedding are very comfortable. If time permits, I make a point to have breakfast during my stay, as the breakfast buffet is fantastic and the staff are very warm and welcoming. I also appreciate that almost every hotel employee makes it a point to greet me with a smile and ask how my stay is going. Whenever I have other colleagues in need of a place to stay, I always point them to the UF Hilton Conference Center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Man what a great place to stay! Exactly what you would expect from a Hilton property. I have stayed here a couple of times on business and have never been let down. The staff is amazing. I stayed here the first time earlier this year and we had reserved the board room. However we were given a much smaller room. Once the staff realized the mix up they came and got us and helped us move to the right room. The staff makes this hotel. This time, I had 4 major packages shipped to the hotel. All arrived and were handled with care. Rooms are average size but well appointed. Close proximity to the university is an extra benefit. Parking can be a little tricky due to the fact that they stay so busy, but there is plenty of parking spaces. If you stay here go to what the locals call midtown and eat at The Swamp, nice place to hang out and watch a game on their outdoor big screen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business