1,267 results
All reviews front desk breakfast buffet is room service business trip football game university florida lobby maintenance school surgery closet graduation weekends gainsville pet hospital
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I routinely travel to Gainesville for business and, whenever possible, I stay at the UF Hilton on 34th St. This hotel is meticulously maintained and I know that every detail will be attended to my fullest satisfaction. I also like that the hotel is a very short drive from almost everywhere in Gainesville, and right across the street from the University of Florida.

My typical stay is for one or two nights, in a standard king room, when available. The rooms are always spotless, and the beds and bedding are very comfortable. If time permits, I make a point to have breakfast during my stay, as the breakfast buffet is fantastic and the staff are very warm and welcoming. I also appreciate that almost every hotel employee makes it a point to greet me with a smile and ask how my stay is going. Whenever I have other colleagues in need of a place to stay, I always point them to the UF Hilton Conference Center.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Man what a great place to stay! Exactly what you would expect from a Hilton property. I have stayed here a couple of times on business and have never been let down. The staff is amazing. I stayed here the first time earlier this year and we had reserved the board room. However we were given a much smaller room. Once the staff realized the mix up they came and got us and helped us move to the right room. The staff makes this hotel. This time, I had 4 major packages shipped to the hotel. All arrived and were handled with care. Rooms are average size but well appointed. Close proximity to the university is an extra benefit. Parking can be a little tricky due to the fact that they stay so busy, but there is plenty of parking spaces. If you stay here go to what the locals call midtown and eat at The Swamp, nice place to hang out and watch a game on their outdoor big screen.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here 3 days while on business at the University of Florida. It is convient to campus (I would guess about 1.5 miles away). The hotel and rooms are modern, clean and well kept. I enjoyed the quiteness very much and my bed/bedding was very good. I had breakfast at the restaurant and the buffet was quite good for the price ($15). I would definitely stay here agian.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Conference Center in Gainesville again this month and we were well treated and well cared for. The rooms are always clean, the hotel grounds are meticulously groomed and the location is perfect for visiting our daughter and her husband. One morning we were searching for coffee and the hotel's chief engineer personally directed me to where the coffee re-fills were and made sure I was able to get into the elevator and select the right floor with my hands occupied with hot cups of coffee! He probably had more mechanical challenges he could have been working on but he made sure that my wife and I had hot coffee to get our day going! It was a nice break from the usual "it's not my job" scenarios most travelers experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Hilton near UF is fantastic and pretty close to perfect. The hotel is in a great location for anyone visiting the University of Florida. The lobby is very nice, and includes a bar and restaurant. The front desk staff is very professional and helpful. Room is spacious and modern. There are two desk spaces and plenty of outlets, which is helpful when charging electronics. Always love the lavazza coffee. Beds are comfortable and room is very clean. The TV seems a little small for the large furniture, but is a nice flat screen LG. It simply sits on a giant dresser, making it seemingly small. I would highly recommend the hotel.
The lobby restaurant is excellent and servers are friendly. My stay was only one night but it was very comfortable and other Hiltons should site visit this one when they are training their housekeeping staff! This property is a great example and sets a great standard.