1,246 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekendshospital
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First time staying at this hotel. A wonderfully decorated, clean room was a surprise. The service could not have been better. The manager seemed to have slept there because he was at dinner and breakfast all weekend. The service really was what you would expect from a much more expensive hotel. I felt like I was the only guest there by the way they treated myself, my daughter, and my mother. I truly nice experience, I will stay there again.

1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The best hotel in the city of Gainesville! The staff goes above and beyond to make certain you are taken care of. Rooms are nice and comfortable. Slept like a baby each night. Ate in the restaurant/bar several times and was always welcomed back with a smile!!!! Try the steak salad....which ended up being my favorite. If I travel back to Gainesville I will definetly stay at this hotel again. Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bholla
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We came to Gainesville to admit our daughter to Shands Hospital. The room was booked because of location, We requested a handicapped room.
We checked in and were assigned a room on the 7th floor. The bath tub was definitely not handicapped assessible.
The room had not been dusted in awhile,bathroom floors were not clean and the beds were very uncomfortable.
I realize that we were given a discounted rate due to using Shands hospital but I would have gladly given up the discount for a comfortable bed and clean room. Management reduced our bill by 3%.
I would think again before using this facility.

1  Thank JV W
HiltonUF, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear JV W:

I first want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us some feedback about your recent stay at the Hilton University of Florida. I first and foremost want to apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very serious and I apologize that your room was not cleaned to what our standards are and I can assure you that I have personally addressed it with our housekeeping staff.

Our hotel has two different types of wheel chair accessible rooms. We have the one which you booked which has a bathtub which is lower and has grab bars in the room and the other type of wheel chair accessible we have has a roll in shower. I apologize that when you made the reservation this was not made clear to you.

I am happy to see when you brought this up to the attention of the Front Desk Agent; she was able to assist you and took 30% off of your room rate. I can assure you that the Shands rate you have booked has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the rooms but it has to do with a training issue which has been addressed.

I hope that you are willing to give us another chance when you are in Gainesville, Florida. If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me at 352-371-3600 ext. 1216 or you can email me at jason.keltz@hilton.com.

Once again I want to apologize that you did not receive the service we want all of our guests to experience while they are here. I again thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we can do a better job.

At your service,

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here one night while my mom was in the hospital. Firstly, fastest hotel checkin EVER. I arrived, I gave them my name, they asked for photo id and gave me my key. (This was helped by the fact that my mother had already paid for everything.) But seriously...no faffing about setting up my key or anything. It was all ready.

Secondly, free wifi. Awesome.

Thirdly, I really enjoyed my lunch in the restaurant (the chicken on focaccia) and the service was just gosh darned so nice and helpful and prompt. I had spent the previous few days in Miami and the comparison!!! Unbelievable. My hotel in Miami was spacey. Here at the Hilton, everything was prompt and with a smile.

The bed! So comfortable! (However, my Miami bed was distinctly weird so maybe this was just more of a welcome change.) The bedding was also quite nice. Very soft sheets.

I too liked the closet that opened from both directions.

So...really, there's nothing to complain about with this hotel and it's really quite nice, including the public areas like the restaurant and the bar. No minibar if you want a coke or some snacks, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

One minor quibble...I walked from the hotel to the Big Red Coach stop, which was only about an 8 minute walk or so with my luggage and with waiting for the traffic light. The guys from the hotel knew I was heading that way. Shortly after I arrived at the stop, I saw the hotel car drive up to pick up a passenger from another bus. I wish they had put 2+2 together and driven me over to the stop!

1  Thank Krista N
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband (a rabid Gator fan) and I make an annual pilgrimage to Gainesville every year to watch the Gators play, and this has always been our hotel of choice. The location is great; the rooms are clean; the beds are comfy; the staff is friendly. And they have always have such nice Gator touches-- love the orange or blue punch and chips in the lobby. They are a bit pricey on game weekends compared to other venues, but for the comparative comfort and cleanliness afforded, it is definitely worth it. We come back every year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple