Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$80
Comfort Inn University(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
$109
$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$73
Hampton Inn Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
$114
$97
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$98
$93
Priceline
$105
$98
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$118
$93
BestWestern.com
1,233 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekendshospital
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We came to Gainesville to admit our daughter to Shands Hospital. The room was booked because of location, We requested a handicapped room.
We checked in and were assigned a room on the 7th floor. The bath tub was definitely not handicapped assessible.
The room had not been dusted in awhile,bathroom floors were not clean and the beds were very uncomfortable.
I realize that we were given a discounted rate due to using Shands hospital but I would have gladly given up the discount for a comfortable bed and clean room. Management reduced our bill by 3%.
I would think again before using this facility.

1  Thank JV W
HiltonUF, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear JV W:

I first want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us some feedback about your recent stay at the Hilton University of Florida. I first and foremost want to apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very serious and I apologize that your room was not cleaned to what our standards are and I can assure you that I have personally addressed it with our housekeeping staff.

Our hotel has two different types of wheel chair accessible rooms. We have the one which you booked which has a bathtub which is lower and has grab bars in the room and the other type of wheel chair accessible we have has a roll in shower. I apologize that when you made the reservation this was not made clear to you.

I am happy to see when you brought this up to the attention of the Front Desk Agent; she was able to assist you and took 30% off of your room rate. I can assure you that the Shands rate you have booked has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the rooms but it has to do with a training issue which has been addressed.

I hope that you are willing to give us another chance when you are in Gainesville, Florida. If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me at 352-371-3600 ext. 1216 or you can email me at jason.keltz@hilton.com.

Once again I want to apologize that you did not receive the service we want all of our guests to experience while they are here. I again thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we can do a better job.

At your service,

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here one night while my mom was in the hospital. Firstly, fastest hotel checkin EVER. I arrived, I gave them my name, they asked for photo id and gave me my key. (This was helped by the fact that my mother had already paid for everything.) But seriously...no faffing about setting up my key or anything. It was all ready.

Secondly, free wifi. Awesome.

Thirdly, I really enjoyed my lunch in the restaurant (the chicken on focaccia) and the service was just gosh darned so nice and helpful and prompt. I had spent the previous few days in Miami and the comparison!!! Unbelievable. My hotel in Miami was spacey. Here at the Hilton, everything was prompt and with a smile.

The bed! So comfortable! (However, my Miami bed was distinctly weird so maybe this was just more of a welcome change.) The bedding was also quite nice. Very soft sheets.

I too liked the closet that opened from both directions.

So...really, there's nothing to complain about with this hotel and it's really quite nice, including the public areas like the restaurant and the bar. No minibar if you want a coke or some snacks, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

One minor quibble...I walked from the hotel to the Big Red Coach stop, which was only about an 8 minute walk or so with my luggage and with waiting for the traffic light. The guys from the hotel knew I was heading that way. Shortly after I arrived at the stop, I saw the hotel car drive up to pick up a passenger from another bus. I wish they had put 2+2 together and driven me over to the stop!

1  Thank Krista N
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband (a rabid Gator fan) and I make an annual pilgrimage to Gainesville every year to watch the Gators play, and this has always been our hotel of choice. The location is great; the rooms are clean; the beds are comfy; the staff is friendly. And they have always have such nice Gator touches-- love the orange or blue punch and chips in the lobby. They are a bit pricey on game weekends compared to other venues, but for the comparative comfort and cleanliness afforded, it is definitely worth it. We come back every year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdnwildcat
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel many times during the past several years. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. One of the best you will ever experience. The entire staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms are in excellent condition. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Ga2r66
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I was a little uncertain about whether or not this hotel was going to be worth the price on gator game day but it definitely was! From the ease of check-in to the comfortable beds, I was definitely made
Comfortable. And what was best was coming back from the game hungry and tired after being in the afternoon sun for 3 hours and getting great service in the lounge. They were all so polite and very accomadating when I asked to have something made that wasn't on the menu. Overall it was a great experience and a definite do-again!!

• Stayed: August 2012