1,247 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolhospitalclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here one night while my mom was in the hospital. Firstly, fastest hotel checkin EVER. I arrived, I gave them my name, they asked for photo id and gave me my key. (This was helped by the fact that my mother had already paid for everything.) But seriously...no faffing about setting up my key or anything. It was all ready.

Secondly, free wifi. Awesome.

Thirdly, I really enjoyed my lunch in the restaurant (the chicken on focaccia) and the service was just gosh darned so nice and helpful and prompt. I had spent the previous few days in Miami and the comparison!!! Unbelievable. My hotel in Miami was spacey. Here at the Hilton, everything was prompt and with a smile.

The bed! So comfortable! (However, my Miami bed was distinctly weird so maybe this was just more of a welcome change.) The bedding was also quite nice. Very soft sheets.

I too liked the closet that opened from both directions.

So...really, there's nothing to complain about with this hotel and it's really quite nice, including the public areas like the restaurant and the bar. No minibar if you want a coke or some snacks, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

One minor quibble...I walked from the hotel to the Big Red Coach stop, which was only about an 8 minute walk or so with my luggage and with waiting for the traffic light. The guys from the hotel knew I was heading that way. Shortly after I arrived at the stop, I saw the hotel car drive up to pick up a passenger from another bus. I wish they had put 2+2 together and driven me over to the stop!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Krista N
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband (a rabid Gator fan) and I make an annual pilgrimage to Gainesville every year to watch the Gators play, and this has always been our hotel of choice. The location is great; the rooms are clean; the beds are comfy; the staff is friendly. And they have always have such nice Gator touches-- love the orange or blue punch and chips in the lobby. They are a bit pricey on game weekends compared to other venues, but for the comparative comfort and cleanliness afforded, it is definitely worth it. We come back every year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdnwildcat
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel many times during the past several years. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. One of the best you will ever experience. The entire staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms are in excellent condition. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ga2r66
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I was a little uncertain about whether or not this hotel was going to be worth the price on gator game day but it definitely was! From the ease of check-in to the comfortable beds, I was definitely made
Comfortable. And what was best was coming back from the game hungry and tired after being in the afternoon sun for 3 hours and getting great service in the lounge. They were all so polite and very accomadating when I asked to have something made that wasn't on the menu. Overall it was a great experience and a definite do-again!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Gogato
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel twice this year (May and July) for business.

Pros: great location, clean, nice lobby, Peter Thomas Roth toiletries (my favorite part of the stay), very comfortable room and bed, very friendly staff (from front desk to restaurant hostess and waitresses)

Cons: Restaurant was nice but food was really bad

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business