“Clean, modern and pet friendly”

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was an excellent value for such a clean and modern hotel. Plus, they're pet friendly and located right across the street from campus. I'll stay here every time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TiffT

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while we were visiting the U of Florida. It is a large, relatively modern, full-service hotel with a large dining room, meeting rooms, large bar and decent swimming pool. It is certainly well located within the University. The room was excellent with a very comfortable bed. The hallways were a bit in need of updating. The front desk was staffed by very young employees who seemed, at times, to be inexperienced. The other quirky complaint is that some of the chairs in the bar area were amazingly narrow - my wife and I literally couldn't fit in them comfortably (and no we are not obese.)

One definite plus, aside from the very comfortable beds, was the really good and reasonably priced breakfast buffet. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mohsman
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were there for an anniversary gathering. What a beautiful property! Beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet (not free but worth the price) was delicious! We loved the place and we would have loved to have more time to spend but it was a quick trip. I would definately return!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fairytoes
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the UF Hilton while visiting the University for preview weekend. I was impressed by how nice the property was kept and how friendly the staff was. We stayed for four nights and didn't run in to any problems. Our room were immaculately cleaned and the fitness center equipment is well maintained. The food at Alberts restaurant is delicious. We enjoyed their breakfast buffet and for dinner one night I ordered the steak salad. It was incredible.
Fredy the bellman was very helpful from the moment we pulled up and Rachel at the front desk was very speedy in checking us in. We never even had to use our own car. The hotel's shuttle took us on campus, out to dinner, and even dropped us off at the bars downtown. I would recommenced this hotel to anyone who is coming into the Gainesville area. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms ending in 35. They are Slightly larger and offer a view of the campus.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 305Gator
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond VIP. I am accustomed to an upgrade (if available). The front desk said " The 7th floor is considered an upgrade". If my room is an upgrade, I would hate to see the other rooms. There is no Executive Lounge. In most Hiltons that do not have an Executive Lounge, the hotel will offer free drink vouchers or meal vouchers. The hotel did offer breakfast vouchers, which I could not use because I had to leave for work so early in the morning. I explained this to the front desk. They would not bend. I asked the lady to ask her supervisor. The supervisor said no.exceptions. After staying at the Hilton Baltimore Airport, this hotel is a huge let down. The hotel is in need of updating. There has been a lot of wear and tear, which is normal, but at some point they need to make the decision to spend some money. I'm very loyal to the Hilton chain of hotels, but when staying in Gainesville, FL, I will have to find another place to stay unless changes are made at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of May 4th to attend the UF graduation of our daughter.
Check in was quick, and the staff was very friendly. Our room overlooked the pool area and the roof area of the restaurant. The room was clean - everything worked to our satisfaction. One day we needed the room cleaned within the hour - and that was accomplished with a quick call to Housekeeping. The bed was comfy.
We had a room rate that included the breakfast buffet - and the food was fresh and tasty. The made to order station would prepare eggs, omlettes and waffles per your request. We also ordered room service one evening, and it was reasonably priced and tasty.
Check out could be done without having to stop at the desk, which is very convenient.
Parking was plentiful and within a reasonable distance.
About the only thing I didn't like was that I tried to make a reservation for the shuttle to take us to the graduation facility, and they said they could take us at 7AM or 930AM (the ceremony started at 9). Yet, we saw the shuttle sitting around, not being used about 8AM!
All in all, a decent stay. We would return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BBAZTempe
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel frequently over the past four years. It is well located for football and basketball and other u of f events and has good curb appeal. However the rooms and hallways are showing some wear and tear. In addition no bell service at check in on graduation weekend and reception is just okay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family