Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$80
Comfort Inn University(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
Hampton.com
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$73
$109
$99
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$114
Doubletree.com
$98
$93
Priceline
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
BestWestern.com
1,232 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicebusiness tripfootball gameuniversityfloridalobbymaintenanceschoolclosetsurgerygraduationgainsvillepetweekendshospital
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I recently returned form a weekend stay at this hotel. Being a Hilton I expected a reasonably upscale interior and furnishings similar to other Hiltons. I also expected quality service. This hotel certainly fell short of my realistic expectations. When checking in there was no bellman at the front of the hotel or even inside the lobby I had to search one out. Also, no one was on hand to park my car. I didnt mind this as I dont like people I dont know driving my cars but at a full service hotel its expected they would have a valet ready to go. The check in agent was not rude in any way, but not overly friendly and seemed kind of like she didnt care if I was there or not. My biggest disappoint with this hotel was the room furnishings. Not only were the rooms smaller then average the furnishings looked like they came straight from IKEA or Walmart. In short, this hotel isnt worth anything over $100 a night, if that. While my stay was "comfortable" this hotel should have a different brand on the building like Hampton inn or any other low-tier brand because thats what it felt like.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bmw745ion19s
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed for two nights to attend meetings at the University of Florida, which is located just across the street. That is a bit misleading as the campus is huge and walking anywhere on campus would likely take better than a half hour. The hotel offers a free shuttle service and will take guests anywhere on campus, and to many nearby sites. The shuttle is used often, and so promised times can vary a fair bit. There is adequate parking to the rear of the hotel, and access is available through a rear entrance. It is best to drop off any luggage at the front entrance, register and then park at the rear. There was not a bellman at the bell stand, but the deskclerk arranged for someone to help with our luggage.

We stayed on the top floor in a king room that was a bit smaller than is typical for a Hilton property. The bathroom was small as well. But the furnishings were well maintained and comfortable. The room offered a desk/chair (with wireless internet available), a unit with drawers and a flat panel TV, an easy chair with ottoman (very comfortable) and a comfortable king bed; more than adequate for two people.

We received a free buffet breakfast, which we judged to be very good. Standard buffet offerings were complimented by biscuits and gravy and an omelet station. Great if free, well worth the money if not.

Staff (from the shuttle driver, desk staff and restaurant) were all helpful and pleasant. We ordered twice from room service and found it be fast and quite good.

Room Tip: All roooms are likely identical so choose a high floor to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Just depends on what you are looking for in your hotel. I have a large, clean and quiet room. Like having onsite restaurant/bar options. Average fitness center.
What this hotel lacks is the high quality Hilton customer service training. Received no recognition for being a Diamond member, finally had to go ask at the front desk if they recognize Hilton status. Was given free buffet breakfast certificates for 4 day stay. First day buffet had stopped serving breakfast when I got certificates. Second day I left certificate behind in my room, when I told the hostess this she gave me a pinched face look and replied "we must have that"(I know from having done this one other time they can take look up my name and room number and verify my status for free buffett). I decided to return the other certificates due to the frustration of the whole thing. Other thing that sent me to type review was someone knocking and knocking on my door at 10pm. When I asked who it was they replied "maintenance you called me about your toilet". I had not called. He appeared to be dressed in maintenance like uniform when I informed him I did not call he walked away. Not a comfortable environment for traveling female. Would not stay again. I will say this service is the exception not the rule for Hilton. Normally above par.

Room Tip: If looking for clean, quiet stay this is your place. If you are looking for good customer relations this is not your place.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HHDiamond0849
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Hilton University Conference Center is a excellent choice for Gainesville-related travel. It is only 5 mintes from I 75, and across the street from the University of Florida. Of course, UF campus is huge, so even being across teh street doesn't mean you are acorss the street from the part of UF you need to visit. Travel to the football stadium is only 8 minutes, and to the lawschool, golf course or tennis center is about 5 minutes. And even though it is on the other side of town from downtown Gainesville, the trip there is less than 15 minutes, and might be 10 minutes at the right time of day. Within 2 miles to the south is Embers, Outback (steakhouses), a movie theater, and about a dozen fast food places. For being so close to everything, the hotel is very quiet and restful.

The rooms are clean and nice, about what you would expect for this upper-quality Hilton. Beds and pillows (4 pillows per bed) look and smell clean and are super comfortable. No iPhone or other phone chargers in the room. Free WiFi. Good TV (HD) with one movie channel (HBO), although I must be getting old because I would like a bigger TV so I can see without struggling.

The breakfast buffet was absolutely awesome. Hot griddle food from the kitchen (pancakes, waffles, etc), omelet/egg station, pastries, fresh fruit (cantelope, honeydew, pineapple, strawberries and blackberries when I was there), sausage links and bacon, bisquits & gravy and plenty of juices.

Room Tip: Get the Bed and Breakfast rate. The additional cost is well worth it. The buffet ($13.95) is less than an a la carte breakfast would cost.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Checked in and had a prepaid rate. Was assigned to second floor with multiple rooms with dog occupants.
It was like sleeping in a kennel! Security would quiet everything down, but when other residents returned to their rooms...it started all over again. Wanted to check out at 2:00 a.m., but had prepaid. Same thing second night with no real help from hotel. Would never return again!

• Stayed: November 2011