“friendly helpful staff”

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Although I was not one of the hotel customers, when I asked about the shuttle I was supposed to take in front of the hotel, the staff were kind enough to explain where I needed to catch the shuttle and actually gave me a ride to the right spot. I was definitely impressed by their helpful and friendly behavior -and I feel like I could not thank you enough for that. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, which offers even noncustomers a great service.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I had family stay at the Gainesville Hilton several times in the past and it was very fine. But I am writing now about a French conversation group that visits the Hilton twice a month for a meeting in the in the afternoon. It is called the Alliance Francaise. You never know how many people will show up but we are always treated very curteouslyand enjoy our stay there for about 1 1/2 hours when we gather there to speak French. I'm sure some of your waitresses/waiters know who we are. We have been meeting at the Hilton for several years now and I'm sure if we weren't treated courteously and the ambiance wasn't as nice as it is, we would be meeting somewhere else by now. Judy Wilson. Juwilson@cox.net.

I

Room Tip: get there early.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HiltonUF, General Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Bonjour and Merci!! Thank you so much for your comments. On behalf of all the staff, we are so happy that you enjoy your meetings here and hope that they continue well into the future!

Nanci Haley

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Seldom have I ever slept well in a hotel, but Hilton University, Gainesville broke that cycle. The pillows and matress were wonderful. I wrote down the pillow type before I left, and asked at the front desk what the mattress was. The Assistant at the desk looked it up online and printed it out for me, and not only that, but called her manager to ask if they used the same products as the Hilton website listed. She was VERY helpful. The room was very clean, quiet, and ACCESSIBLE, since I am disabled, it means a lot to have a roll-in shower and be able to reach everything in the room. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I use Hilton Honors program and AAA discount.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Staff consistently went out of their way to be helpful. Very reasonable rate for Shands Hospital patients. Not your usual university hotel, definitely a cut above.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Booked room over month in advance, then drive 15 hrs to be told they are out of rooms & they have called another non Hilton hotel that is less in quality for us to stay.We had even called 4 hrs before we arrived to confirm room & let them know we would be a late arrival. When I asked why they didn't call us to let us know in advance they couldn't respond. We went to other hotel & the person at desk was pleasant but then we find out it's a room for 2 people not the 4 of us. So then had to call Hilton to see if they would take care of another room & begrudgingly they did. The hotel we ended up at was not nearly as nice as the Hilton - very outdated - hate when wallpaper is painted over & hanging off the wall plus zero water pressure. I'm soooo disappointed in Hilton - and I'm a loyal Honors member.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Gators17
HiltonUF, General Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

On behalf of the staff at Hilton University of Florida, we all apologize for the inconvenience of your relocation this past weekend. We were unaware that we would have an issue when you called or that you would be the guest impacted. This is a situation we rarely find ourselves in and we try to handle the best we can when it does.

The hotel we relocated you to was the only hotel with availability near us and we regret you were unhappy with it. We have taken care of the charges for the rooms where you were sent. As you were traveling on a rewards certificate, those points have also been returned to your Hilton Honors account so that you can use them at a future date.

Again, we truly regret that you were relocated and unable to stay with us during this stay and hope we will have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Nanci Haley

Reviewed March 20, 2011

This seems like an old hotel that has been fairly nicely renovated. Pretty nice grounds. The hotel location is great if you are going to be at the university. The bathroom door was very dirty!! Other than that the room was clean. The room did have a mildew smell though. There was a very unfriendly guy working in the bar. This is not a bad hotel, I just think I would try something else if I were going back to the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I recently attended a conference at the UF Hilton and was very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel has a free shuttle service to bring you to & from the airport (about a 20min ride). The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Wireless internet access is FREE and worked perfectly, including streaming Netflix movies.

The conference center within the hotel was very nice and provided great food. The business center is available to all guests, which was great to print boarding passes before heading to the airport.

The most impressive feature of this hotel to me had to be how the shower water always seemed hot!!! I hate that many hotels often have trouble keeping up with hot water demands, especially during peak times. I would have thought that at a conference center this would be a problem, but not here!!

Overall, this was a great hotel that exceeded all of my expectations!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business