“Go! Go now!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The most fantastic dining experience I have had in a long time. Our waitress, Nicole, was a gem of a human being and I loved the atmosphere. The tables are close together; sort of in the European or Californian style, so we even made friends with our neighbors. :-) And the food...where do I even start? I was a vegetarian for nearly 25 years and have only recently begun eating meat. It's very important to me to eat quality products from reputable sources and local whenever possible. The Jones satisfies on each of these levels. I had a gorgeous sirloin this trip but I still eat vegetarian and vegan very frequently so I know I will find whatever it I'm looking for any time I come here. Meats and seafoods are gress-fed or wild-caught and from mostly local, Florida farms and sources. The eggs are from their own chickens and many of the greens and vegetables come from Florida organic farmers. Can't recommend this place enough! PLEASE NOTE: Cash or check only! Come prepared or you'll have to take a little trip across the street to the nearest ATM.

There are newer reviews for The Jones Eastside

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had dinner in the evening and went back for breakfast in the morning. Both times we walked in, we were seated at the last available table. Our dinner was very good, very close o outstanding. The chef who is barely 21 has a great future ahead of him. His plates are creative and well presented. We started with the mushroom appetizer and iceberg lettuce wedge. The mushroom was good, but could have been improved by using less oil in the preparation. The wedge salad was outstanding. It was crisp and fresh dressed appropriately and topped with crumbled blue cheese. The addition of crispy diced slab bacon added a great flavor and texture. Out entrees were grouper and chicken (breast and bone-in wing. I never eat chicken without a bone.). The grouper was charred perfectly and as placed on a bed of lentils and accompanied with various root veggies and broccoli florets, the later could have been left out. My chicken was moist and flavorful. It rested on grits flavored with chicken livers. The wines by the glass we selected were inexpensive and were quite acceptable. If you want a different breakfast other than bacon and eggs, this is the place to go. Since the breakfast and dinner menus change based on availability, what we had may not be served tomorrow. The establishment does not take reservations or credit cards, so bring cash.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch and had a roast beef sandwich and a burrito. The food was very good with good portions. It's nice that they have local and vegetarian options. However, the atmosphere, decor, service, and price are all average. Good food, but I don't understand why this place is so highly rated.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place has incredible food. Husband had grouper that was fantastic. When the last bite is as good as the first.....you know it is worth a stop. The African peanut soup was great. It is a wonderful place for all kinds of eaters. Meat, vegetarian, vegan, picky....
Malbec was the best ever had.... Take cash..no out of state checks...

1  Thank kayc42256
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I read about this location on tripadvisor.
We drove over 100 miles to handle some business in Gainesville. Sounded good. When we pulled up, we thought "this is the best in town?"
Let me tell you, do NOT judge this book by it's cover!! The food was great!!!
We ordered the Fish Tacos and the VegOut Sandwich, then shared both. Tacos were outstanding and the VegOut had a wonderful taste.
Can't wait to go back!!