“Great Lunch!”

Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. For starters we had the market and the arugula salads. Our entrees were the trigger fish and the pulled pork enchilada. The servings were ample and very well prepared and flavorful, served up piping hot! Would definitely recommend and will return again!

There are newer reviews for Vellos Historic Brickstreet Grill

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I ate here for lunch because they give a discount to guests staying at the Hampton Inn. Because I try to keep Kosher, my choices were primarily a fish entree. It was very good for the price. Nice presentation as well.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family of 5 went in for dinner. We had their turkey and mushroom soup was extremely good, but really small. I believe it was smaller than the usual cup at other restaurants. The bruschetta had crisp bread, we usually like it with softer larger pieces of bread. The pieces were small too. My hubby ordered lamb shank, had a lot of shank not a lot of lamb for the price. My oldest son had a flatbread pizza, which he enjoyed- its definitely just for 1 person though. I ordered the peach bbq ribs which were delicious. My youngest ordered the chicken florentine pasta and about 1/4 of the pasta was "burnt". Not overcooked, but burnt- crispy noodles. I had to switch my meal with him. My other son really enjoyed the sliders. They were bigger than your normal sliders and they gave him 2.
The waitress was nice,pleasant and quick. Maybe too quick. I was kind of surprised when my salad plate was removed from me without being asked, and my entree also which I clearly hadn't finished. I thought maybe the first time I missed that she had asked and I just didn't hear her. But she removed the entree with swiftness as well.
On a positive note, the area around the restaurant is in the historic district and its a lot of fun to walk around. Parking could be a bit difficult.

1  Thank papopipo2000
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Definitely recommend this restaurant. They had a delicious sirloin steak with blue cheese mashed potatoes. We got three entrées and got a bottle of red wine at no cost. Excellent server. Never missed a beat.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

after reading some reviews, we decided to give Vellos a try. We got there around 6:45 and were seated right away; service was excellent. My husband had the wasabi lettuce wedge and said it was very good; unique. One of my sons ordered the Cali flat bread and said it was excellent; my other son had the reuben and it was huge! husband had the peach bb cue ribs with mac and cheese and it was fantastic. I had the chicken florentine and wished i had ordered something else. overall, it was laid back, relaxed, nice atmosphere and a good value for what we got. Not happy with the "metro" style of plating; the ribs were on a long rectangle plate which, while made for a pretty presentation, was a little unrealistic for accomodating how much food you got. neat drink specials; but i bet it gets loud when it's crowded; high ceilings and lots of open space.

1  Thank rochelle m