“Best Mexican food ever!”
Review of Mexico Lindo Restaurant - CLOSED

Mexico Lindo Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I just ate at Mexico Lindo in Gainesville, Florida. This was the best mexican food I have EVER had. Not only was the food excellent, the portions size was large, and the price was very affordable. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was gorgeous. We will definetly go back again and again, and we will tell our friends.

1  Thank Betth M

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Mexico Lindo is a superior Mexican Restaurant. You can't beat the prices, the service is great, family atmosphere, and the food is an epicurean delight.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

After enjoying some outstanding Tex-Mex on a road trip through Texas and New Mexico, we (wife, hypercritical son and me) returned home to Mexico Lindo to see how it stacked up. Conclusion: this is probably the best Mexican good you're going to get around here, and that's not too bad. Here's how it went.

Minutes after sitting down, we were served the usual chips and salsa except: the chips were warm and fragrant, probably fresh from the oven. Nice touch. The salsa is served in a small carafe along with a small dish for you to use. This salsa was more sauce-like than chunky, but the flavors were good and the heat was just right. We ordered a the fresh guacamole appetizer, a tamale, the carne asada and the fajita quesadilla.

Our waiter prepared the guacamole at the table. Starting with 3 avocado halves, he scooped out the fruit into a bowl, mashed it and added onion, cilantro, salt and pepper...about as fresh as guacamole can get. It should have been awesome but was only okay, probably because the avocados themselves were not too flavorful that day. Someone should quality check these things before they leave the kitchen.

My wife liked her tamale. I didn't try it.

The fajita quesadilla, a mixture of chicken, cheese and onion served on a folded tortilla wrapper, was a bit too cheesy. The additions on the plate- beans, rice, guacamole, sour cream and salsa - were good. It was a tasty dish, but too much cheese is cheating.

The carne asada featured thin steak that had been marinated in a garlic mixture, cooked to doneness. It was a bit chewy. Cut it slivers, I combined the steak on a tortilla with the provided tomato, onion, avocado and lettuce; it was good, not great. A second tortilla prepared the same way along with some of the salsa that came with the chips was better.

Overall, I'd call the cuisine authentic, good, but a level below the outstanding meals we had in Texas and New Mexico. Still, we'll be coming back because it's the best we've had in town so far.

1  Thank doctorbobster
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped here while traveling and it was very good. Our server was very friendly and helpful, restaurant was clean and attractive, lots of bright colors, food was very good, I ordered the veggie fajitas. There was a LOT of food, including a big plate just for the freshly sauteed veggies. Very tasty, I would happily eat here again. Kids ordered the kids taco mean which came with a taco, lettuce, tomato, rice, refried beans, and cheese. Looked pretty good. I asked the server if the Mexican rice was gluten free,and she checked with the kitchen and said it was. :-)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This restaurant is so pretty. I guess that is why they call it linda. I have eaten her about three times. The service is always good. The chicken margarita is good. My daughter had the taco salad and liked it as well.