“Great Dim Sum”

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dim Sum”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Dim Sum is wonderful. Love the Singapore Chow Mein Fun. Family owned restaurant, great service, and food is excellent quality. Nice outside seating available for take-out. this is the real deal!!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Nancy K

Gainesville, Florida
“Better for Dim Sum”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife wanted to go to this neighborhood Chinese restaurant for dinner. I suggested that we call ahead and order take out. She said she needed to get out.
When we arrived at the courtyard/mall we saw that the bar/restaurant next door was full of patrons drinking away. Our venue had tables and chairs outside-very pleasant atmosphere.
We waited for the waiter to show up any time. After a while I went in and asked him to bring us menus and waters. He responded that he did not come out as some people sit out there who are not potential patrons and get miffed when he asks if he can help them. Assured that we were there for dinner he served waters and the menu which is the same as the takeout menu.
Our soup of Hot and sour came out in two large bowls. Good tasting soup but there's no meat (pork) in it.
My Vegetable Lo Mein came out first and tasted just average. My wife's Szechuan special came out after a long wait .It tasted just average meaning that their dim sum--which we have had before on weekends --are much better than the menu items.
We noticed that there was a steady stream of take out customers being served. Proved my point that we should have ordered takeout. And the service would have been much faster..

• Visited March 2012