“Nice place to eat”

Garlic & Ginger
Ranked #106 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Description: Newly opened and a wonderful restaurant...we drove 90 miles and found this jewel...we plan to return monthly! And NO, we do NOT own or benefit from this place of business. "Thank You" for considering to place fine restaurant on TripAdvisor...
Gainesville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Serve good quality korean food. Like tofu pot. A little bit salty though. Usually they serve a kind of korean soup made of ginger and rice after your meal, remember to ask for it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank yibinwang

Gainesville, FL
“Didn't like it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I don't know what to say. We were 4 people all ordering different things and none of us was pleased with the food. Taste, texture, etc. none was to our liking. The appetizers were not good either. Only thing we liked was the soda, so that should tell you...

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Decent Korean, especially for FL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited Garlic and Ginger a handful of times while living nearby. The food quality is decent, and particularly exceeded our expectations for being in a strip mall in northern Florida. The bi bim bap was delicious, as was the chapchae. Both were on par with Korean food we have had in Seoul, New York and Vancouver.

The prices are a bit higher than one would expect for Asian in Florida, but it is worth it. The staff speaks Korean, which at the very least helps with its authenticity. Definitely a great place for an authentic Korean meal.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank sankoji
Jacksonville, Florida
“Beautiful Korean restaurant with a huge variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first time trying Korean food, so I can not comment on the authenticity. I went alone and had the bulgogi beef lunch platter that came with rice and about seven other things that I wasn't really sure what it was. Miso soup, a salad, a corn salad, a clear rice noodle dish, some sort of steamed wontons, something that reminded me of fried plantain, something like an egg roll, etc. I tried all of it and it was all pretty good. The interior of the place was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this place to someone looking to experiment with something different. As I said I can't vouch for the authenticity, but everything I tried was pretty good. I would defiantely go back.

• Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Authentic Korean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

If you are in town and love Korean food or just want to try something different this is truly as authentic as it gets. After spending a couple of years in Korea, I crave it! Garlic and Ginger rivals the Korean restaurants in San Francisco and NYC. If you like spicy I would recommend getting the kimchi jigae, it is a soup served with white rice and offers something different from the standard bulgogi (Korean BBQ). The staff is very helpful and the restaurant is very clean. This restaurant is a must for true Korean food!

Visited April 2013