“awesome atmosphere and food”
Review of 101 Cantina - CLOSED

101 Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 101 Cantina is a Mod-Mex Restaurant and tequila bar. Featuring full service lunch, dinner, and late-night menus, 101 Cantina is a chic addition to the mid-town area
Reviewed November 7, 2013

let me start off by saying this place is the real deal! Gameday is awesome, and the service was incredible. the food is great and the drinks were even better. this is a GO-TO place if you're visiting gainesville for sure. Everytime i'm in gainesville i will be stopping by to grab a beer and a bite.

1  Thank msmitty1

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Living in MN good Tex-Mex is hard to find. Fortunately, my gf lives in Gainesville and took me to 101 Cantina for a 'Tex-Mex Tuesdaze' as she calls it. Very good food, wonderful atmosphere for young crowd, very reasonable prices, awesome service! Definitely try it if you're in for some Tex-Mex.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A small place on University Ave, easy walking distance from campus. I've been several times for a quick dinner after class, and this is one of my favorites. The small, tapas style tacos are great, 3 is enough for me, 4 if I'm really hungry! My favorite is the "Senior Feesh", a spicy fish taco. With each taco costing between $1.50 and $2.50, the price is right, and there is a good selection to choose from! Service is generally quick. They also have nightly specials, but I always go for the tacos.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

down.Found this place by accident while in town for a b-ball game on 2-12-13 and fell in love with it. Very good cold beer and the food was great.Went back on 2-14-13 for supper and was not let down. The servings are more than I cpould eat and the service was great. Will go back next time in Gainesville.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love the tapas style tacos and fantastic queso. Atmosphere was fun and made me feel young again!! I will def be back when on the weekend as the hangover was rough the next day. Mango marg is to die for.