“Great breakfast brunch and lunch!”

The Flying Biscuit Cafe
Ranked #44 of 589 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

As really the only brunch spot in Gainesville, this place has wonderful food, a great menu, and the service is excellent. I wouldn't go anywhere else for breakfast. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Really enjoyed breakfast. Service was good - food very good.
Oatmeal pancakes were great.
short wait for a table but well worth it.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Flying Bisquit is a bit of a mystery to me. I have been there a few times and though it is good i end up there due to the choices on that side of town are limited. IT is conveniently next to fresh market and has a line for breakfast in the mornings on the weekend but I just dont think it is as good as it could be. Food selections are avg and the quality is good but not up to the hype to me.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was our first visit and I hope to make it the first of many. The interior is bright and welcoming. I need to say that we did eat there mid week and it was around 1pm. Service was wonderful and the food was delicious. I had the turkey hash and I have to say that it was more than enough. I actually ate the left overs today for lunch. My daughter had the breakfast with eggs, sausage and grits. She said the grits were really flavorful, not like you sometimes get in a restaurant. The biscuits were wonderful. Even though it was late in the afternoon, they were warm and flakey. YUM!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I have been going to flying biscuit every Sunday for the past year. The food is excellent and very consistent. Call ahead to avoid long waiting outside. My only complaint is the wait staff usually overwhelmed with customers. We typically go late usually around noon and it seems like it takes a while for a server to come to the table, bring drinks, and get the check. To avoid this, when the food arrives, we usually ask for a refill and the check so by the time we finish we can have the check ready.