“New to Gainesville”

The Red Onion Neighborhood Grill
Ranked #82 of 590 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Red Onion Neighborhood Grill is dedicated to the idea every neighborhood deserves a restaurant where friends can meet and enjoy each others' company. Our casual setting creates a welcoming ambiance in which the senses are pleasured by the incredible array of foods that we prepare fresh daily, creative drinks and superior service. Inspired by a passion for food and craft cocktails, The Red Onion delivers a unique, exceptional dining experience. We serve hand selected cuts of quality Harris Ranch Premium All Natural Beef (with no antibiotics or hormones), perfectly aged and charbroiled, and comfort dishes created with both passion and style. It's our sincere wish that our guests enjoy every moment down to the last bite, sip...or minute of conversation.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are new to the area and are trying the different restaurant options (only non-chain spots). We tried this one last night. The fish tacos were good. I'm still not sure what that fish was. I won't order them next time...if i ever return. Agree that the service was slow. Hated the resident cat who was free to roam around the patio where we chose to sit. I'm terribly allergic and was terrified s/he was going to rub against my legs. Or worse, jump up on is or our table. Told both the host and the waitress. Neither seemed to be concerned about our aversion to this cat. Yuck!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This "neighborhood" restaurant is right on the edge of a housing complex in fact it was rather difficult to figure where to park. Nice atmosphere with a "red onion" on each table and some red lighting. Varied menu that should satisfy all. While the food was really good it could have been brought to the table a little hotter (especially the black bean soup). My daughters both thought their meals were really good. Service as a about average and a little slow at the end when we were finished. Worth a try for a relaxing meal..

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love the black n blue burger! It's my favorite! Honestly, I've tried other foods --- even the tuna is awesome. Still, I usually go back to my tasty black and blue burger.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Much better than average quality beef prepared correctly with very good choice of sides in pleasant although slightly noisy setting. Service was satisfactory although not outstanding (dessert wasn't even offered!).

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Back again on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. My friend and I ate rather early due to evening plans. Service was attentive as usual, booths are comfortable, and I did repeat the Black and Blue Salad. My friend really enjoyed her fettucini alfredo (please forgive spelling) with skewered veggies.

You can count on good quality, reasonable price, great service, and comfortable ambiance. No wonder it's one of my regular places to enjoy.

1  Thank DrPam32605