All reviews cabinet space needed a place to stay key card enjoyed our stay full size fridge water pressure great customer service desk microwave unit sink exit pet
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed here for about 2 weeks, maybe 3 in August while relocating. It wasn't a bad place to stay. It was clean, quiet for the most part, located just outside the congestion areas, but close enough be to at the university or hospital in about 5 minutes. The fire alarms did go off in the middle of the night a few times, but no fire trucks showed up, so I don't know about that. When I checked out I made sure the room was immaculate...probably in cleaner condition than when I checked in, yet they still deducted 25 bucks from my security deposit with no explanation. The did charge an extra $10 per week for internet use, which sucked.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank willgr1
VPGainesvillefl, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review Value Place Gainesville. We apologize that our fire alarm system disturbed you. Since our hotel is brand new, there were construction issues with the alarm and we are pleased to report that our system has been corrected to avoid false alarms in the future. Regarding your security deposit, we regret that we did not have the opportunity to discuss your special promotional discount at your time of check out. From what we can tell, this promotion of $20 off your first week's stay was correctly applied. However, the additional weeks were not correctly applied. We apologize for any inconvenience and to demonstrate our commitment to you, our Valued guest, we have refunded the deduction to your Visa. Value Place offers an affordable alternative to your lodging needs. In order to keep our rates as affordable as possible, we offer a variety of amenities a guest can choose to add onto our low weekly rates. Thank you again for your input. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and affordable lodging alternative, treating each guest with Valued care. Sincerely, Value Place Gainesville Management

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Kind of a scary place. I was in Florida on business and chose Value Place for the rates. Not really close to anything but a few gas stations and the woods. Some of the guests were a bit rough. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who is older or who has children.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam B

Thank you for taking time to review Value Place Gainesville. Our new property is located directly on Interstate 75 and Exit 382 (Williston Rd. and SW 41st Blvd), 1/2 mile from Archer Rd. near shopping, restaurants, and also 1/2 mile from a large Publix shopping center. We regret that we did not provide you with this information during your stay. Many guest find our location on I-75 perfect for freeway travel or by using Williston Rd., close to UF, Shands, VA Hospital, you would avoid the congestion typically found on Archer Rd. Our owner's take the safety of our guests very seriously. As a new property, we offer the following security features: 1. Secure Key Card Interior Access, 2. Dozens of monitored security cameras inside and outside of the hotel using the latest technology, 3. Resident Safety Attendant, 4. Hotel Staff screen all arriving guests through Family Watchdog, 5. Strict confidentiality of guest information, 6. The beautiful hotel grounds feature a lighted driveway lined by magnolia trees, lighted 100 year old majestic oak tree and a lighted flag pole with additional lighting all around the building.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

My husband was in the VA Hospital. What was supposed to be a week to two week stay turned into five weeks. Value Place was very,very clean. I felt very safe and secure. The staff was wonderful and very friendly. I would definitely recommend it to everyone who is visiting Gainesville.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My boyfriend and i stayed at the Value Place in Gainesville this last week in February 2011 and we were both extremely happy! The price was AMAZING, the rooms were super clean, and the location was great - right by major shopping areas. We were in the one bed studio and it was room enough for both of us. We had a problem with our microwave when we first checked in and they fixed it immediately. We also left behind a pair of pants and the staff offered to mail them to us! The only complaint was that the bed was really hard. We had to use our own pillows too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EmilyT79
Reviewed December 18, 2010

This is a 4 month old Value Place with so many extras. I have stayed at many Value Place Hotels and find them all to be good to stay at, but this one really stands out. All of the rooms have 32" flatscreen tvs with HBO. The beds are extra long, so your feet never dangle. The chest are tall like you have in your home. The kitchen and bath have beautiful oak cabinets (with dish towels in the kitchen) and storage under the bathroom sink. And the place was sooo clean. Even the manager cleans!!! All the staff was so friendly. They made you feel like you were at home. So nice!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business