Motel 6 Gainesville
$90
$99
$95
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$73
$109
$93
BestWestern.com
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night, coming to Gainesville to visit my daughter at uf. Property is a bit hard to find at night. Nice large rooms with microwaves and mini fridges. Check in staff was very nice. Property is older and being improved, but I think it is a good value considering the service and size of rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate your stay at our property!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were stuck with last-minute tickets to a Gator game and needed a place to stay. We should have driven to Ocala.
As a former hotel industry employee and now a frequent worldwide business traveler, I can say with supreme confidence that THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN, including my cheap college days.
We had 2 rooms. My friend in the other was a doctor. He said he wished that he had that forensic instrument that identifies blood/urine and other bodily fluids so that he could identify what he took pictures of to show us. His chairs had dried fluids on them, the room had live bugs.
Our room had dirty towels delivered (fresh), live bugs and other filth. The bathroom was so dirty my wife refused to shower. If we had seen these rooms in the daylight we would not have stayed.
In fairness, the air conditioner did work and the employees were friendly. The rooms were quiet since we were about the only people there and this was on a football weekend.
Please don't be fooled by the other reviews, the first was obviously written by someone from outside the United States who may not be aware of the standards for acceptable rooms in the US. The other reviewer was desperate.
I have never written a review like this in my life and I have no personal ax to grind with this hotel. We stayed there 3 weeks ago and have been trying to contact the "America's Best Value Inn" franchise. We told them of our experience and have received no reply except to say that they were out of the office and would get back to us.
Because of this hotel specifically and the lack of a response, it might not be a leap to say you should avoid all 'America's Best Value Inns".
Sleep in your car before you go anywhere this hotel, or drive to Ocala or Lake City.

Room Tip: There may not be a good room in this hotel. The pictures represented nothing that we saw.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

We thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback given about your stay at our property. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had. We definitely welcome input from our valued guests, in order to get better we must know where we have fallen short. Our commitment to cleanliness and friendliness is paramount and we will strive to be the very best. We are in the continued process of updating, upgrading and renovating our property. If you travel brings you back to the Gainesville, FL area please give us another change in the future.

Regards,
Steven Jairam
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2013

rooms were very clean front desk very professional and even though i did not have the coupon that i seen they still offered the discount. Very good hotel will return. pool was nice and clean room was very well clean and a/c was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great feedback about your stay it our goal to ensure your satisfaction!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife was in the Shands hospital for 6 days. The staff at this hotel were so nice and warm. I didn't know what length of stay I would need. My wife had a major operation and didn't know how long she would be in the hospital so I booked 5 days at a very good rate. I have also stayed at the Red Roof Inn previously which was also nice but a lot more money and I didn't see a difference in the room. The staff made it feel like home and they honored my rate that I booked on the site as I had to extend my stay 2 more days. I would say that my only complaint is finding the place. It was just purchased by the company as it was previously another hotel chain so they didn't have a sign. In fact if we didn't spot someone driving behind the BP gas station we were about to look for another hotel. Glad we didn't! I stay in timeshare and am quite accustomed to certain life style when I travel but was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank john d d

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay. We are improving the exterior lighting and have recently installed the large highway and street signs. We hope to see you again in the futire on a more relaxing visit!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you’re planning to get a room at a Motel 6 just for sleeping purposes, then I can honestly say it’s worth checking out. You get what you pay for but it’s really not that bad. It is conveniently located close to the highway and within walking distance of an Ihop, Olive Garden, Taco Bell and Wendy´s among others..The overall service however was disastrous. The man at the check-in counter was disrespectful and rude. Besides that, it was tolerable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor. It´s always a hassle to carry your heavy bags up the stairs. Remember, there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends