Motel 6 Gainesville
$90
SleepInn
$95
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$128
$128
$112
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6 during Gatornationals. This property is a bit dated, however very clean and just fine for the price I paid. $120 is a lot for a 6, but it sure beat $240 across the interstate or even $160 just down the road. No breakfast, but they had the best coffee I've tasted in a long time. I wondered about charging for the wifi until the young man explained that since it wasn't factored in with the room price, I would only pay for it if I needed it. Seems fair! Everyone I encountered seemed to enjoy their job. The pool was open, it was nice. I had a queen size bed in my room that was very comfortable. I was delighted at the number of tv channels they had, usually that many comes with a more higher scale motel. The water in the shower came out very hot. What more could I ask for for just a few hours? I'll definitely be stopping again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Forced to stay here due to last minute arrangements and paid $120 for a standard room that was filthy, toilet was patched, table was falling apart and there was a charge for WI-FI. I wouldn't have paid $40 to stay her under the best circumstances. Definite price gouging for local events - wouldnt have minded paying extra for a decent room but it was aweful

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smlwg56
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, which Motel 6 does not charge, I stay at quite afew facilities in this chain. I usually check TripAdvisor first, and go by the average recommendatins, but on this one I did not get a chance to check Wish I had. Room was shabby, did not feel clean (not an issue the maids could address--it was just plain old and dirty), it smelled, and I could not wait to get out of the place. Bed was ok. Really small room. No bed bugs that I could find, though. I won't go back to this one.

Room Tip: Keep on driving.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I usually stay at Motel 6's, however this was one of the worst. 1 bed a little firm and one bed wore out. holes in the sheets, smaller than most motel 6's. Not worth the money, move onto the next motel 6.

Room Tip: check room out before paying.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The room was very basic, this is the classic, old style Motel 6 room.

We did not have any bug problems that others had reported.

The bathroom was clean, but don't expect alot of toiletries or plush towels. Just soap and thin towels.

The front desk staff were super friendly.

For a football weekend, the price was better than most places in town, and for a place to sleep for the night, it suited our purposes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends