“Great Brews and food.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 609 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were in for a beer sampling and lunch. Their baby spinach salad was superb and the pizza was excellent. We especially liked the cheese blend that they use, very good. If your also looking for an adult beverage to go with your meal, try a beer flight. You can sample 4 brews or even 8 to find one that you like. They were all good, some better than others.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Love to watch those fixing wherever shows, bar, restaurants....and what they always say is not to have too many items on the menu. I have seen a few other people have mentioned the menu was diverse and it does go on for page after page. On the other hand I certainly had time to look as we came in with a party that took up 2 tables and we had 2 different servers and somehow they could never remember exactly who they actually waited on so while some people already had their food other people hadn't even been waited on. The tables were long and one end was against the wall and they were close together so the servers would go to one end and they couldn;t walk around the table so time after time they didn't realize they didn't get to this one or that one. We went at 5 and appetizers were half price. I do have to say our bill was very reasonable because of that, unfortunately neither myself or my husband really liked anything we had. I had a small caesar salad. It came on what I can only call a flat saucer and it was very hard to eat since it was almost impossible to spear a single lettuce leaf. The dressing was comparable to jar dressing. I also had potatoe skins with cheese and bacon. One skin had a few pieces of bacon on it and 2 skins had one or two very small pieces of bacon on it.. They were greasy and overcooked. I also had a few other things they were sharable size.
Regular prices for meals seemed to be in the $12 range,since we didn't have any I can't comment but I found all the food I tasted only average so I actually base my pricing range on taste and I don't consider that moderate pricing for boring food.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I get into Gainsville a couple times a month and try to get to BJ's.
We love their diverse menu but we always get their avocado eggs rolls for an appetizer. They are the best.
Try out their original craft beers, they are delicious.

1  Thank bbbd398
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been to BJ's a few times... It's a long motorcycle ride for lunch.
The place has a nice look,some unique food items and some great house drafts(Jeremiah red is my choice)
Prices aren't bad either.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I visited B.J.'s last week at lunch time and enjoyed ordering from their diverse and interesting luncheon menu which was moderately priced. I returned the following Sunday and ordered from the regular menu. In terms of value, the lunch is a better deal, but both experiences were positive. On both occasions our server provided helpful suggestions, food (particularly on my first experience came quickly), food was tasty, and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Not being a beer drinker, I did not taste the beer, but the offering looked interesting. I will return!