“Mancation”

Gainesville Lodge
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
“Mancation”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Best place to stay if your on a Mancation. Just wanted a cheap hotel within walking distance to Gator Game, bars and restaurants. That exactly what we got. It is a dump, but we knew what we were getting because we stayed here last year against the wives' wishes. Go Gators!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Chrijon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Wethersfield, CT
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I should have known that you get what you pay for - the owner's husband was a bit scary looking, lurking behind the door when his wife checked me in. The room was just okay, but it was very convenient, my daughter lives in the graduate apt complex right next door. I did change rooms the first night from a shower stall that was dark and very small, to a room with a tub and shower. Quiet enough - but BED BUGS! Didn't get the bites til the second night, which was odd, but don't stay here - you won't get any satisfaction from the owners! Creepy! Only other redeeming quality was that the maid was very friendly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CJW199

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

St Augustine, Fl
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We needed a room for a seminar in Gainesville, and this being the home of the University of Florida most rooms are over $100/night. I was a little concerned getting a room for $60, but I went to TA and notice that the reviews were good and consistent. We were not disappointed, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were helpful. We did notice that they were doing some upgrading in the halls and some of the rooms. VERY affordable and it is not a "cheap hotel".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank GCourter
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I knew Gainesville Lodge was the "cheapest" place for me to stay at so I didn't expect any frills. My room was clean ... the bed was clean and very comfortable so my expectations were exceeded. I had read reviews complaining of smell, roaches, etc.
My room (#105) had no smell ... saw no bugs ... checked the matress for bed bugs, found none ... pillows comfortable. I only wanted a quick overnight stay as I teach at University of Florida and live in St. Augustine and didn't have time to get home so I chose this location and was happy for the value received for my money.
DrSign