“Good Food but....service? What is that?”
Review of Boca Fiesta

Boca Fiesta
Ranked #124 of 584 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Maybe there is just a huge difference on the quality of food depending on who is working but the night we went earlier this week was great. Our group ordered enchiladas and burritos.

There were only two other parties there when we first arrived but one was a large group. I mention this because there was only one server and it took forEVER. She never once came back to our table after our food was dropped off which was kinda important since she brought out one dish that was wrong and we needed refills. That didn't happen until I flagged down a different server. Will try it again but with no expectation of having a simple meal in a timely fashion.

There are newer reviews for Boca Fiesta

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Lets just get right to it.
Myself, girlfriend, and another couple decided to go here for dinner. Me and gf arrived 15 mins before our friends and were seated instantly without wait which is always awesome. We had the option to sit inside or outside of the place and we sat outside because the set-up is good. We were given chips and salsa and then was not attended to for... 55(exact) minutes, not even waters or a drink menu which we asked for. My pal had to get up and go ask for service! because of this they gave us free queso and chips. While I was taking a very important phone call the group put in their orders. This was unfortunate because I put in my order a few(5) mins later, and this equaled about a 30 minute gap in serve time which resulted in all of them having cold and stale food waiting on me. Again, we had to remind the waitress that I ordered and magically the food was out within 3 mins. We were there for at least 45 minutes longer than we needed to be, and we left without ever seeing a drink menu. Easily the worst service Ive every had.
To be quick, the food was poor. Salsa had almost a soapy after taste so im not sure if it was from canned tomatoes. Sweet potato mash looked and tasted like a white potato mixed with a bit of sweet potato. I have never seen a white-ish, orange-ish sweet potato. Everyone in my party had cold food including my plate which was eaten immediately(they had to wait a long while). No one finished their food. To their credit, my pal did say his beef empinada was good but he left half of his chicken empinada.

1  Thank sesom1107
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Gross, gross, gross. Weird flavors that don't go well together. Terrible, slow service. Salsa tastes like tomato soup. Guac appetizer is DIY and comes with avocado, salt, and lemon (and nothing else). Meats of the month are a funny idea, but they're always something weird, and my carnivore friends say they don't taste good. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

1  Thank gr_pefruit
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Gainesville isn't big, but it does have some great restaurants. We found Boca Fiesta during the Fall Art Festival. Went for a bit, stayed for a meal...including two margaritas each. Try for the little outdoor courtyard. Everything was delicious--and it's right next to the Hippodrome, perfect for theatre/film dates/

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We visited after waiting to hear what others had to say first, but the selection of food was decent. Don't expect too many luxury items on the menu, otherwise you will be disappointed. Their best deal is the dinner combination, which includes two sides with a main dish (I had a chicken burrito) for about $10. The flavor was good, but the entire combo had more of a Caribbean flare to it than your standard Mexican food. Lots of locals with lots of body art too.