“Very hard to fault”

Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Spent a night at the beginning of a road trip with my daughter. The theme for the stay started at the front desk when the receptionist who checked us in was either management or fresh of the training scheme. He managed to compare seeming sincere, friendly, welcoming and efficient in one effortless piece of work. The room was unremarkable but all that we needed/wanted in a chain hotel. All in all, our Gainesville experience was one of the nicer surprises of the whole trip.

Room Tip: Harry's Seafood Bar & Grill next door also recommended.
1  Thank Bowbutcher
HISGNV, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're delighted to hear that you had a great experience with our front desk staff and that we were a one of the nicest surprises on your road trip with your daughter. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while our daughter attended soccer camp at UF. I was a bit skeptical but we didn't have many options that were close to the campus. I was surprised when we arrived to the hotel. It was clean and the staff was very extremely friendly. The room and bath were impeccable. Breakfast is included. The hotel is conveniently located close to restaurants, cupcake shop, coffee shops and more. Will definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thanks so much for the great review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience here. We're glad to hear that you'll definitely stay with us again the next time you're in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had a very nice stay at this hotel the beginning of July. Breakfast was great, staff was friendly, room was very clean. Proximity of restaurants and bars was very nice and it is close to everthing. Typical downtown setting is not for everyone but we didn't have any issues.

1  Thank Bob I
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're happy to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for the great review and we hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the Gainesville area.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We normally like to stay at Hampton Inns, I was skeptical about staying here due to the mixed reviews that we saw, wished that I had gone with my gut and stayed else where. The valet was not there when we came, so we had to wait, the clerk was not at the desk so more waiting. I was tired and waiting just makes me grumpy. The homeless are not very visible during the day but at night, they are everywhere, now I understand why they have valet parking. The room was not very big and smelled musty. Breakfast was ok, standard hotel setup with waffles etc, and the cookies in the evening were worth snatching. But as a whole, just not worth the money at all. Stay somewhere else if your looking for nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne W

Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait on the valet service and front desk. We take great pride in our customer service and I sincerely apologize that you didn't have a great experience. I hope you'll give us another chance to make your next stay a more pleasant one. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience so that we can address these issues with our staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the recommendation of someone and were skeptical that the hotel would be as nice as they said. They were right! Clean, large suite rooms and great breakfast. Valet parking is the easiest because of the location, which is the only part that was a little annoying. Overall very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

We are delighted to hear that you were pleasantly surprised during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're so glad that you enjoyed our fresh clean rooms and that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thanks so much for posting a review and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just returned yesterday from a business trip to Gainesville. Had made a reservation at the downtown Hampton Inn close to my meeting. Pulled up tired after long drive, the valet greeted me and directed me to the desk. Joshua was on the desk and welcomed me to the Inn. After a long drive, the room was cool, very clean - when I came down I was told of the farmer's market (Wednesday) - was given a coupon for a free appetizer at a local restaurant (which there were many of within walking distance)....a good hot breakfast (as well as yoghurt and cereal) was provided each day and a wine/beer and munchies each day in the lobby at 5:00 p.m.....

if all the Hampton Inns are like this one, I will stay from now on: professional, courteous, helpful staff - Thank you all....Dorothy

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonder experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay. We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience when you arrived after a long day. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the Gainesville area. Thanks again for posting a great review of our property. We love having you here.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am not big into chains, so likely my review is somewhat tinted by that. I find them boring.

The location of the hotel is great. In the thick of everything, restaurants and shops. Also, they have free access to computer and printer at the lobby, which is nice. Free fast food/cheap type breakfast. Happy hour at the lobby in the eve, with free wine and beer.

The price, around $150/night, seems expensive for Gainsville and this hotel. I picture something classier for the location. Also, the walls are paper thin, it was pretty loud during my stay, and I had requested a room at the end of the corridor.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aconcagua2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown., We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our evening managers reception. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again.