All reviewsgreat locationparking garagevalet servicewithin walking distancerestaurants and barsfarmers marketfront deskroom keynice hotelplace to staycomplimentary breakfastcookiesthe breakfast areayogurthippodromeuniversityinns
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just returned yesterday from a business trip to Gainesville. Had made a reservation at the downtown Hampton Inn close to my meeting. Pulled up tired after long drive, the valet greeted me and directed me to the desk. Joshua was on the desk and welcomed me to the Inn. After a long drive, the room was cool, very clean - when I came down I was told of the farmer's market (Wednesday) - was given a coupon for a free appetizer at a local restaurant (which there were many of within walking distance)....a good hot breakfast (as well as yoghurt and cereal) was provided each day and a wine/beer and munchies each day in the lobby at 5:00 p.m.....

if all the Hampton Inns are like this one, I will stay from now on: professional, courteous, helpful staff - Thank you all....Dorothy

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonder experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay. We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience when you arrived after a long day. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the Gainesville area. Thanks again for posting a great review of our property. We love having you here.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am not big into chains, so likely my review is somewhat tinted by that. I find them boring.

The location of the hotel is great. In the thick of everything, restaurants and shops. Also, they have free access to computer and printer at the lobby, which is nice. Free fast food/cheap type breakfast. Happy hour at the lobby in the eve, with free wine and beer.

The price, around $150/night, seems expensive for Gainsville and this hotel. I picture something classier for the location. Also, the walls are paper thin, it was pretty loud during my stay, and I had requested a room at the end of the corridor.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aconcagua2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown., We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our evening managers reception. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

this hotel was clean, well kept and the staff was GREAT! The complimentary breakfast was good with the fresh fruit and egg dishes. Staff went out of their way to meet their customers needs and the rooms were clean and updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are happy to hear that our staff went out of their way to ensure you had a great stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Gainesville area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful wedding weekend in a beautiful downtown hotel! The hotel location was perfect, within walking distance too many great businesses. The staff was professional, courteous and friendly.
Quickest valet service! The facility was modern and well maintained with many amenities. I would recommend this Hampton to family and friends!

• Stayed: June 2014
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay during such a special event. We hope you will visit us again the next time you're in the Gainesville area. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was very nice, besides a slightly musky and humid room. The smell could only be avoided by making the room too cold to enjoy. All in all though it was very clean and nice finishes. The fitness center was nice. The location great for a visit to Gainesville. Very close to the best restaurants in town and night life venues.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Sean W

Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. Unfortunately, being in Florida during the summer time comes with extreme heat and humidity. I'm sorry that you had issues with making the room comfortable but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us otherwise. Hopefully when you visit again the weather will be a bit more cooperative. Thanks again.