My husband and I prefer not to stay in chain hotels, but Gainesville had few options. The hotel is in the middle of the downtown area, charmingly restored, with some outstanding restaurants a stone's throw away. We opted for a suite, which was not two rooms but simply a large room with a desk and a sofa. It was perfectly comfortable. The shower had fine water pressure, lots of hot water, and good towels. I found out within minutes of arriving and starting to unpack that I had left my Mac charger at home and desperately needed one to work during my stay. The young people staffing the desk were outstanding in helping me find a store with Mac stuff (thank you, Best Buy!) and giving us directions. They even called the store to see if a charger was in stock. (It was.) It was simply outstanding service, for which I was very grateful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown