The hotel's location means you can park the car and walk! We opted to park on the street which is free from 6:00 pm until 8:00 am. We arrived late in the day, and wished we'd had time to visit the farmer's market in the park across the street but it was closing up. The hotel is very nice and the staff was welcoming. We were provided a map of the area indicating restaurants that extend a 10-15% discount when you show your room card! The room was clean and comfortable, bath toiletries are provided and wi-fi service is free. It was very chilly in Gainesville and the heat worked well! The breakfast was fine - standard fare. The evening reception was a nice touch - beer and wine served from 5 pm to 7 pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown