This hotel has a great downtown location. I didn't mind paying to park, as it gave you gauranteed parking with in and out garage access. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating to us. The breakfast is your basic Hampton breakfast. It was VERY busy since it was a Gator football weekend. The happy hour was nice too: beer,wine, and snacks. It is walking distance to campus if you don't mind walking, maybe a 1 mile? You could also walk to the stadium, not much further. If you hate walking and consider 1 mile a long walk, you probably want to take the shuttle they provide. It was worth the money and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown