“Best restaurant in Gainesville!”
Review of Embers Wood Grill

Embers Wood Grill
Ranked #2 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Wonderful food, service and wine list. We have enjoyed many wonderful evenings at Embers. We have taken many out of town guests who always ask to return on their next visit. They have a great menu and wonderful specials. The atmosphere is wonderful and we have always had great service. I recommend this restaurant highly!

1  Thank magalope

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Based on the excellent ratings my wife and I took our son here. The atmosphere is excellent and the selection of wines is outstanding for Gainesville. The menu is interesting and the food was very good. The service was spotty. We had to flag our waiter everytime we wanted anything. This is a good place but not the best in town.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Service was poor and very distracted and unpleasant. We waited over 30 minutes for drinks and an hour for food. The waiter said that he was very busy to serve many tables and didn't have more time. The grilled Sea bass was smelly like old fish. Next day I got sick with stomach upset and diarrhea. All of that for a very hefty price tag.

4  Thank Tom P
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is done exceedingly well. The food (menu choices and preparation), service and atmosphere are all excellent. This is the best dining experience that my husband and I have enjoyed in Gainesville or anywhere for that matter, in quite a few years. My only regret is that we did not try Embers sooner!

1  Thank TKR90
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The flatbread with mozzarella, sliced basil with balsamic vinaigrette was excellent. Variety of bread to select from. Filet mignon and the caramelized unions was superb. Disappointed I was so full I could not have dessert .