“Nice place for an extended stay”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Nice place for an extended stay”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spent 3 nights there in early Aug. Excellent value for the money. We got a 1BR King suite which was very nice and comfortable for our family of 4. Room looked very nice and had everything we could have asked for. Small kitchen was well equipped. Bed was very comfortable, sofa bed was OK for kids. Pool was clean and larger than most. There was some road noise from I75, especially if your room was located on that side, which ours was. That said, we were tired at night and the road noise quickly became background noise and did not disturb our sleep. Breakfast buffet was sufficient with all the normal fare. Lots of food options within a mile or so of the hotel. HIghly recommended as a place to stay if you are ever in the Gainesville area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the I75 side to avoid some of the road noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
WEGL185,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel ideal for an extended stay. We love our extended stay guests and the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 is perfectly suited to stay 5 nights or more. All of our suites come with fully equipped kitchens, not that you would need to use it as we offer a complimentary breakfast buffet daily, a complimentary evening social, and lots of other food options nearby.

Again, I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Gainesville area.
Lise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Miami
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The purpose of our visit was to go my daughter feature college University of Florida. (UF)
Location perfect
Room very comfortable and nice.
The bathrooms needs renovation
Staff ok
Breakfast very mediocre, the siting area was small

Price fair.

Stayed August 2014
Jackitoss,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel! I hope your daughter enjoyed her visit to the University of Florida. As you mentioned we are conveniently located off I-75 and just minutes for the UF campus. We hope to see you again soon when your daughter decided that she’s ready to become a Florida Gator!
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on many different business trips and it is by far one of my favorite hotels. The staff is always very friendly, the room is fantastic as it is very spacious. The dinning area is clean, and the food is always good. While on business I have traveled with my family, and the rooms are perfect to cook meals or you can go downstairs during the week and have dinner in the commons area. I go to the target (within walking distance) and stock up on some groceries and it keeps my mom and child happy while i'm at work. There are also nice big sidewalks for strolling and a pool for those days that get really hot. The deep end is only 5.5 feet and there is a bench on the side in the pool like you would see in a hot tub. Great for a little one. My 20mon old likes to walk along the bench and climb on the pool stairs so it gives her something to do in the pool.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room away from the interstate. This is right next to I-75 so the rooms near the int...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75! I am so glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed our hotel on numerous occasions. We truly appreciate you electing to stay here with us! As you mention you are able to prepare meals in your suite while your family is here but we also provide a complimentary breakfast and evening social for those that don’t want to cook. If you would like, we also offer complimentary grocery shopping services, just drop your list off at the front desk and we will have your fridge stocked by the time you return from work.
Again, thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Destin, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Just finished our girlfriend getaway & I was THRILLED w/this property. 1st, ALL the staff was excellent, but Nick went above & beyond to patiently hook up our DVD player so we could watch our red box movie(Chick Flick). And Felicia in Housekeeping was so kind, friendly, & attentive that we lacked for nothing.
The property: AMAZING space in the suite. We got a 1 bedroom but it had 2 full rooms. And the finishes were all so new & clean & modern. Very roomy-yet they had everything you could ask for -- even a nice magazine rack by the door; plenty of dishes in the kitchenette & dish soap etc. Plenty of room for 4 picky ladies in their 50's to spread out. It's the perfect spot for families visiting their college kids or any of us alums coming up for games. The breakfast was perfect & the hot drinks are kept fresh & available all day long. We will try using the fire pit next time, but the pool was refreshing after a hot morning bike ride. My one suggestion is a good scrubbing of the pool wall tiles or perhaps a refinishing in the winter. This place even lets you use their new outdoor grills if you want to grill your own dinners! The modern (Mid Century modern) furniture in the lobby & dining area is trendy but also comfortable. Plenty of high tops & WIFI access & charging areas for iPhones etc....in the common area. WIFI worked great in the room also.
I will be back - & may just convert my husband over to Marriott & away from Embassy Suites, his usual favorite!

Room Tip: We stayed on 1st floor & it was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DestinMarie,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 and that Nick and Felicia were able to make this an extra special stay for you and your friends! Most of our guests really do love the 1 bedroom suites; if you are ever back in the area we also have 2 bedroom suites; which have 2 bedrooms, a living rooms and kitchen giving you even more room to spread out. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is big part of the services that we offer so I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast along with the free Wi-Fi. Thanks to your suggestion we have had the pool deck pressure washed and the tiles scrubbed.
We would love to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to the Gainesville area!
Thanks!
florida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We rented two suites for a recent stay in the area. We traveled with another family so we rented a one bedroom king suite and a one bedroom 2 queen suite. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Seating is comfortable. Bedding is fluffy and welcoming. Our room did have some noise from the nearby interstate but it did not keep us awake at night. Grounds are well kept and the pool/outdoor seating area is inviting. Morning breakfast buffet is well stocked and staff was attentive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lise C, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello thenfamily,
Thank you so much for your feedback, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad that you found our suites here at the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75 spacious and well equipped. As an extended stay hotel all of our suites are more similar to apartments than hotel rooms so it is nice to have some of the same amenities that you would have at home while travelling. Not that is necessary to use the kitchens as our daily complimentary breakfast buffet is a big part of the experience we offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Gainesville area.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Was not reconized as a platinum elite and was not upgraded. I was offered points or an amenity. Rooms were nice and modern. Bed decent as was towels. Fitness center lacking but they offer a free off site gym to go to. Breakfast is free and decent. Still nicest hotel in Gainesville.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The room was amazing! Had everything I needed. Plus they offer recycling, that was important to me. They have an option for filling the refrigerator with anything you need. If I was staying longer that would have been great!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo