“Nice rooms and modern”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice rooms and modern”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Nice facility. Rooms large and comfortable. Good breakfast selection. Workout facility the weakest part of the hotel but it will do. Good service and nice facilities. No problems with this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Was in Gainesville for two nights to tour college. Picked residence inn because we could get a two bedroom. Love the extra space and you get two bathrooms too, no waiting for 4 people. Check in was smooth, Tyler was sweet. Room was clean minus some stains on floor. Lotion appeared used but maybe an oversight. Pool is outdoors but plenty warm for the college bound. Had an incredible fire pit. Morning breakfast was perfect, waffles, eggs, meats, yogurt, pastries etc. if you couldn't find something you liked, you weren't trying. Overall a smooth relaxing couple of days. Oh there is a target within walking distance. Do not cut through the field, almost stepped on a snake. It slithered away.

• Stayed April 2013
Nyack, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for three years pretty regularly. Our daughter plays a sport at UF and we try not to miss a game. The Marriott "product" is consistent. Spacious rooms. Full size kitchen with stove top no oven. The hotel is very busy with visiting teams, etc. There is a very unique micro brewery called Swamp Head behind the hotel. A little tricky to find but worth it. Nearby is a shopping plaza. The hotel is relatively new, but a little worn from so much traffic. Easy on/ off from highway.

• Stayed March 2013
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm sure I've stayed at this hotel more than 50 nights over the past four years. But it's not my first choice in Gainesville. If the fitness equipment met even reasonable expectations I likely would have stayed there 50 additional nights. The building and rooms are very nice. The staff is great. But I also prefer to have a decent place to workout on site and the mix and the quality of the fitness equipment at this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. When I first stayed there, I left comments for the hotel management and eventually Marriott and three years later it is actually worse. Nonetheless, if you don't care about the fitness room, this is really a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prineville, Oregon
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the facilities are top-notch, breakfast & happy hour great (room service could be ramped-up, wi fi slow), but my nightmare began even after paying bill and getting paid receipt showing zero balance; holds on card remained. I had holds placed on my debit/visa card not only for room charges (4 night stay; but $20/night for incidental charges as well) I did not require any incidentals. Get this: holds remain on my card beyond seven (7) calendar days. Gen mgr showed little interest or concern in solving my issue. Card company said that hotel's merchant services provider is responsible for long hold times to card. Gen. mgr. did not make any effort in my direction to call merchant services provider to release holds on my card. My funds were tied-up unreasonably long prior to release from card.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank melvin e
DavidStarnes, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
First I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and staff. I would like to again apologize for any inconvenience our billing system may have caused you. Every hotel has an authorization process similar to ours. We have Debit card guidelines posted at our front desk. I do assure you that the hotel exhausted all our resources in order to take care of this for you. You and I called your bank together about your prepaid card and they told us no action could be taken. Through multiple correspondence with myself and Marriott we were still unable to release the holds on your card. As it turns out, the holds that remained on your card after departure were not by our hotel, but the bank. At this point it does fall to your banking institution. Again thank you for your stay and your wonderful comments about the hotel. I do truly apologize for any inconvenience.

Have a wonderful day.

David Starnes
GM
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2013

When looking for a hotel a lot of factors go into the decision. The comfort of the beds should be very important. At this Residence Inn the beds are rock solid. I didn't stay in every room, but the one I was in sure did not did help my back. If you like firm hard beds then this hotel is for you. I do have to say otherwise the hotel is very good. The rooms are spacious, with a kitchen and living area. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but a very short drive. One great benefit is the proximity to the Swap Head Brewery, this is within walking distance. The rooms and overall hotel is very clean, They have a great breakfast, outdoor pool with a fire pit. I cant say I will stay here again. There are too many other hotels in the area that I'm sure have more comfortable beds. For the price I would have expected more.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing he Interstate and check the comfort of the bed.