Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
$84
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$100
$101
Doubletree.com
$103
$99
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$169
$149
  • Breakfast included
$100
$94
$79
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $88/night.

All reviewsfire pitfull kitchenfront deskbedroom suiteoatmealhome away from homeextended stayroad noisevery nice hotelgreat roomfirst floorshort drivehousekeeping staffshands hospitalair conditionerfree breakfastarcher road
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in a 2BR Residence Inn last weekend. The hotel is close by I-75. We were able to get room on the back side of the hotel so noise wasn't an issue. This property is a huge improvement over the older one that was on 13th street. The decor is modern and up to date. The lobby is nicely done and breakfast area is well laid out. There was plenty of room to sit down on Saturday morning when the hotel was full of visitors. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Of all the Residence Inn's we have visited, this one is the best. The location is right next to I-75 but close to the UF campus and downtown Gainesville.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to reduce noise from I-75.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Exceptional front desk staff, with helpful local info and full description of hotel amenities. Rooms are spacious and super clean. Generous Manager's reception featuring local brew pub products. Very nice pool area. Only negative is the parking lot which is somewhat limited and distant from the hotel entry, which is unpleasant in the rain.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway would be more quiet.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of a local - I only needed one night for a university visit the next day. Check-in was fast and efficient and surprisingly friendly. This was my second time to stay at a Residence Inn and I found the room, layout, amenities, etc. to be identical. I assume if you've stayed at one, you've stayed at them all.

I went to the fitness center first - 2 treadmills but 1 was broken. I used the elliptical machine which had a TV attached - unfortunately it wasn't hooked up to the machine correctly so i couldn't use earbuds. The only way to use the TV would be to turn it up loud separately. There were some free weights and a bench - not much room if more than 1 exerciser decides to come.

Afterward I visited the social, where the offering was chicken breasts, buns, and the fixin's including beans, macaroni salad, and potato salad. Felt like a wintertime picnic and enough for a complete dinner - no need to go to a restaurant. They had wine and two local beers which were strong (go easy if you have work to do in the evening).

Wifi in the room was fine and I worked at the desk for several hours. The mattress was on the firm side but not too bad. Everything was nice and clean in the bath area. Actually in retrospect the room had a strong "cleaner" odor when I first walked in but guess I got used to it.

Breakfast was great - nice variety and food was "real", not the prepackaged cheap stuff at some other hotels. The hosts were friendly were helpful both at the social and breakfast.

I'm not sure why the reviews aren't better - I'm pretty picky and I'm not hesitating to rate this 5 stars.

2  Thank Craig D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

More than just clean quite rooms. Managers social is the best in town..Breakfast is more than you ever thought you might want, for breakfast. Location is convient to highway, as well as the main road.[Rt.24] Shopping is very close, as well as many local venues to eat. When in Gainesville Florida one of the best places to stay. Close to Shands Hospital, and University of Florida.

Room Tip: north east rooms further from highway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sydel5
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location of this hotel is something to be desired; it seems to be a 10-15 minute drive at least to most of the destinations that you would be going to for business: the airport, a nice dinner downtown, or most offices associated with the University.

I was traveling with a colleague of mine, Both of us were given rooms right accross from each other facing the highway-I strongly recommend not facing the highway, as traffic noise awoke me several times during the night.

My room was spacious, and while it is Florida, there were several dead bugs in the bathroom area that did not exactly make the greatest impression. The gym is minimal and definitely needs attention-two treadmills, one broken, and an elliptical. The weights were only free weights (no machines) and started at 20lbs. To be fair, they did offer complementary entry to a local gym, but this presents a problem to travelers who do not have ready access to transportation and need to get a quick workout in.

The front desk did recommend several great restaurants and were very helpful in that regard. The buffet facilities were nice, I didn't have coffee available in my room but it was ready and waiting when I went downstairs in the AM in the common area.

The total price for my room was a bit much based on what was offered-not sure I'll be back.