“Very well maintained, quiet and comfortable”

Residence Inn Gainesville I-75
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
“Very well maintained, quiet and comfortable”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Exceptional front desk staff, with helpful local info and full description of hotel amenities. Rooms are spacious and super clean. Generous Manager's reception featuring local brew pub products. Very nice pool area. Only negative is the parking lot which is somewhat limited and distant from the hotel entry, which is unpleasant in the rain.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway would be more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Missouri
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of a local - I only needed one night for a university visit the next day. Check-in was fast and efficient and surprisingly friendly. This was my second time to stay at a Residence Inn and I found the room, layout, amenities, etc. to be identical. I assume if you've stayed at one, you've stayed at them all.

I went to the fitness center first - 2 treadmills but 1 was broken. I used the elliptical machine which had a TV attached - unfortunately it wasn't hooked up to the machine correctly so i couldn't use earbuds. The only way to use the TV would be to turn it up loud separately. There were some free weights and a bench - not much room if more than 1 exerciser decides to come.

Afterward I visited the social, where the offering was chicken breasts, buns, and the fixin's including beans, macaroni salad, and potato salad. Felt like a wintertime picnic and enough for a complete dinner - no need to go to a restaurant. They had wine and two local beers which were strong (go easy if you have work to do in the evening).

Wifi in the room was fine and I worked at the desk for several hours. The mattress was on the firm side but not too bad. Everything was nice and clean in the bath area. Actually in retrospect the room had a strong "cleaner" odor when I first walked in but guess I got used to it.

Breakfast was great - nice variety and food was "real", not the prepackaged cheap stuff at some other hotels. The hosts were friendly were helpful both at the social and breakfast.

I'm not sure why the reviews aren't better - I'm pretty picky and I'm not hesitating to rate this 5 stars.

2 Thank Craig D
Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

More than just clean quite rooms. Managers social is the best in town..Breakfast is more than you ever thought you might want, for breakfast. Location is convient to highway, as well as the main road.[Rt.24] Shopping is very close, as well as many local venues to eat. When in Gainesville Florida one of the best places to stay. Close to Shands Hospital, and University of Florida.

Room Tip: north east rooms further from highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sydel5
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location of this hotel is something to be desired; it seems to be a 10-15 minute drive at least to most of the destinations that you would be going to for business: the airport, a nice dinner downtown, or most offices associated with the University.

I was traveling with a colleague of mine, Both of us were given rooms right accross from each other facing the highway-I strongly recommend not facing the highway, as traffic noise awoke me several times during the night.

My room was spacious, and while it is Florida, there were several dead bugs in the bathroom area that did not exactly make the greatest impression. The gym is minimal and definitely needs attention-two treadmills, one broken, and an elliptical. The weights were only free weights (no machines) and started at 20lbs. To be fair, they did offer complementary entry to a local gym, but this presents a problem to travelers who do not have ready access to transportation and need to get a quick workout in.

The front desk did recommend several great restaurants and were very helpful in that regard. The buffet facilities were nice, I didn't have coffee available in my room but it was ready and waiting when I went downstairs in the AM in the common area.

The total price for my room was a bit much based on what was offered-not sure I'll be back.

League City, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is in a quiet area even though it is right of I-75. Our room faced the back and we didn't hear any noise at all. When we entered the room it was very clean but the smell from the cleaning was a bit strong. The bed was very comfortable, but the sofa was kind of sagging and hard to sit on. The room had a nice kitchen and a table for two as well as a desk and another chair. The television could be swiveled to watch from the sitting area or the bed. I did find some hair on the bed that was not from us but the sheets were clean smelling. The breakfast was very good. There was no evening reception on Sunday; they have it only Monday through Thursday. The hotel is located close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. It is pet friendly. The staff was very helpful and cheerful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ssbeagle
Reviewed December 10, 2012

There are many options for lodging in this college town, so you have to pay attention. This hotel is off the beaten path and for that, is still new feeling. The front desk area is welcoming and wide open, which creates an overall good feeling. We made it clear after the last hotel we stayed at, we wanted a clean place to sleep. The receptionist offered us a look around before we settled in. We ended up staying the night and it was worth it.

Our room was perfect for a longer stay and even included a kitchen, table, and pullout bed. If ever we are near another Residence Inn we will certainly stop.

Only down side was that the ac unit is noisy and turns on/off all night.

Room Tip: The king was nice and affordable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KMWilgus
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Of course we had the nice big studio suite we have become accustomed to at Residence Inn. The location is not pretty, between I-75 and some storage sheds, but it is very close to the University Museum complex which was important for us. There is also lots of shopping and restaurant choices within a mile at the exit. Our main disappointment was the breakfast. It just did not seem quite as good as what we have experienced at other Residence Inns, or even Hampton Inns. Maybe the staff got a bad start on the day or something, but it was poor both days we ate there.

I agree with the comment to ask for a room at the back. No sense in taking on the noise of I-75. In the back, it really was not an issue.

Staff was all friendly and helpful. I would sure try them again and just hope for a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from I-75
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple