“Below average”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Mill's Cheesesteaks
Ranked #288 of 642 Restaurants in Gainesville
Description: Sandwich shop Restaurant in Gainesville, FL offering cheesesteak sandwiches with beef or chicken. We also serve hot dogs, sausage sandwiches, meatball sandwiches, sweets and salads. We might be a fast food restaurant but we definitely provide food with high quality ingredients.
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I picked up two of the original cheesesteak sandwiches, both with orders of fries. One of the fry orders was room temperature, the other was hot and right out of the fryer. The sandwiches were below average. They were nothing special. I guess I expected it to be much better, as it's their signature sandwich. There wasn't much cheese, very few peppers and overall it was a disappointment. Not sure if I'll give it another chance. Spending close to $24 on two mediocre sandwiches and fries makes me a little reluctant to try it again. Staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Overall, good experience (the fries were a little off, but the dog & cheesesteak were right on. I had the Kraut Dog and a co-worker had the basic Cheesesteak. We both felt the food was good and worth a return visit.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Sandwiches were served quickly food was hot and very tasty. Slightly expensive for a quick lunch. But its nice to have another choice for a meal. Remodel looks great

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Glad it is in the neighborhood but there were a few issues. For being a "cheesesteak" restaurant they really lacked cheese!!!! There was probably one slice of provolone on my steak... you could barely taste it. The onions were barely cut. Service was slow. If you improve the cheese issue I would come back. Without adding more cheese I will not be coming back to the establishment.

Date of visit: September 2017