Knights Inn Gainesville
$95
$133
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
SleepInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$71
$109
$96
Agoda.com
$127
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Knights Inn is a serious wreck. The overall vibe of the place is sketchy at best. It is conveniently located to a Checkers, gas station, and not too far from Krispy Kreme and UF campus. That is probably where the pros of the place end. The hotel is certainly dated and gives a feeling of years long past.

The rooms smell bad (thinking mold or mildew) and have bed bugs as well as numerous bugs in the bathroom (saw roach running around while I was trying to use the bathroom). The room we stayed in was extremely dusty. The was a hole in our bath tub that ensured few if any of us would shower. TV was meh and internet was spotty. The next morning when checking out there was very questionable looking people at the building...

The price of the place isn't even that cheap for what you get, just spend some extra money and go stay somewhere better. I wasn't going to write a review, but then I thought I should do my part to help future travelers be aware.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank carlosabroad
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I live in Gainesville, and while I was waiting for my new apartment to be painted, cleaned, etc., I checked into the Knights Inn. I admit that what attracted me was the low rate, and I will also admit that the place is not new and could use some renovations, but I really can't believe all the bad things folks are saying. Every day I saw the staff working hard to keep the place clean, and in fact they did appear to be doing some renovations because I saw painting and repairs being done. My room did not have any type of bad smell ( like some people said) and was clean and functional. And as far as people complaining about the "twinkie breakfast", how is a twinkie ( which they actually didn't serve) any different from a donut or muffin??And the complaining folks forgot to mention that there was also fresh fruit, unlimited juice and coffee. I think anyone put off by the bad reviews should see for themselves, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank colleen c
Reviewed June 28, 2013

So, this stay was a few years ago, in February. My husband and I went to Gainesville to visit his cousin, who was at Shands after an accident and back, neck, and jaw surgery. It was also our anniversary so we decided to kill two birds with one stone and search for a hotel with a "honeymoon suite" kind of feel. Well, pictures can be oh, so deceiving! This hotel had a stated "honeymoon suite" that featured a round bed. How cool is that! Hmm... that should have warned me... As if check in wasn't weird enough, it just felt like the Twilight Zone. We get up to the room and the "bar" is shoved somewhat in the middle of the room with a carrying caddy of cleaning stuff on it. Hmm...??? The round bed??? Complete with mirrors on the ceiling of it, Christmas lights wrapped up the posters, stereo and speakers at the headboard... The room smelled of mold and mildew and smoke. I told my husband NO WAY in H*** am I sleeping on this bed without my own pillows, sheets and blankets! So, our trip to Walmart... Just as weird! The freaks come out at night! And believe me, I am NO judge! I am not the type of person, no matter how unhappy I am with a service, to say something... Though we were staying in Gainesville another night, we checked out the next morning and moved right on down the road to the Holiday Inn Express and had a lovely stay! Honeymoon Suite??? More like film studio!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krista M
Reviewed June 19, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The hotel was built around the 1930's or so it seems, and it has never been touched since then The wallpaper is coming off the walls and they use nails to keep it in place. Leek on the roof from the 2nd floor that looked like a waterfall, while we were staying there. Room smells nasty, towels dirty, cockroaches in the room. nasty, nasty, nasty. I rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family