“Home away from Home”

Sweetwater Branch Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I always look forward to my visits to Gainesville, because I get to stay at Sweetwater Branch Inn!! It is my home away from home. Always a happy smiling face to answer the phone or welcome you. The absolutely best breakfasts ever and I am a cat person so the roaming wild kitties to greet me when I am outside are always a welcome site.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SWB_Management, Front Office Manager at Sweetwater Branch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Lauren, what high praise! It doesn't really get better than "home away from home". We hope to see you soon. We'll have the delicious breakfast and lazy kitties waiting :)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Heirloom room for our 23rd Anniversary and it was wonderful. It has a beautiful sunroom and access to a great porch upstairs. The decor was very Victorian looking just like you expect. The breakfast is so good you wish you could eat more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back soon

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Kathleen! Thank you for spending such a special evening with us. We're glad you enjoyed yourself, and we hope we can make celebrating your anniversary at Sweetwater Branch Inn a tradition! Also, don't be shy at breakfast - there is always enough for seconds :)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed in the Heirloom room with my daughter. It was furnished with beautiful antiques as was the rest of the house.This room had a separate small sunroom with a comfortable sleeper sofa. There are other rooms at the Inn with a similar arrangement if you need the space for another person(s). The property and grounds were lovely and I can see why this is so popular for weddings and receptions. We were able to walk to the downtown area for dining and shopping. There is a walking park just behind the Inn to cut through to get there. Our breakfast was awesome! It was served buffett style and the staff explained everything that was prepared. There are many places to sit and enjoy in the house. We ate one day at the dining table just past the kitchen area and admired the array of antiques and lovely chandelier. The next day we sat on the huge front porch set up with tables and chairs. It s enclosed for comfort but nothing obstructs the view of the front garden. Each room had its designated off street parking space for 1 vehicle but I noticed there was additional parking for Inn guests very close by. This is a great place to stay for couples,friends,and families with older(at least school age)children. I would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: This is an old restored home. If you have trouble with stairs,request a first floor room or a cottag...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Judith, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such a thorough guest perspective for our future guests! We hope the lovely time you had will keep you coming back to see us!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and loved it so much we extended our stay for two extra nights. We can't wait to come back when the swimming area is completed. We stayed upstairs in the McKenzie house, everything was clean and comfortable, the decor classic B&B, and I just love those old Victorian houses! We visit our children every month and I'm happy to say we finally found a place we love.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, be sure to tell the innkeeper when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Cindy! Thank you for the wonderful review. The pool is complete now, so you'll have to come back and stay with us this summer! We also have a newly renovated cottage called Nora-Belle's that we're sure you would really enjoy. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had to be in Gainesville only overnight, and wanted to avoid the chain hotel experience. Fortunately, we found the Sweetwater Branch Inn and we will definitely be back! Our room on the third floor of the main house was lovely; the house is beautifully maintained and the grounds are gorgeous. We loved the gourmet breakfast the next morning, and the staff were exceptionally warm and welcoming. We would recommend this inn to anyone who appreciates staying in a charming, historic home.

Room Tip: Loved the Luisa room, but we were able to see several other rooms during our stay and all were lovel...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words, Shelley! Please come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Unfortunately, I was hospitalized on the day of my initial reservation. But when I called SWB 30 min. before my check-in time they painlessly switched my reservation to a later date without any questions or fees!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so happy that we were able to relieve some of the stress this situation must have put on you. Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Loved our stay at this Bed and Breakfast. Everybody was friendly and eager to please, all public rooms and also the bedroom were very clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were great and plentiful. We enjoyed the party and the food served was delicious. I definitely recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
SWB_Management, Manager at Sweetwater Branch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed the wedding! :) We hope you'll come back to see us.