“Sweetwater Branch Inn Gainesville FL”

Sweetwater Branch Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My family and i spent a wonderful two days at this lovely and charming B&B. The staff is exceptionally competent, friendly and helpful. The breakfast is extraordinary!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sweetwater Branch Inn

Reviewed December 11, 2011

As our anniversary was approaching, I decided to surprise my husband with an evening at the Sweetwater Branch inn. I choose the "Honeymoon Cottage" as it seemed the most romantic of all the rooms, it did not disappoint! The cottage was very private in its own garden setting only steeps away from the main house. The main feature of the the cottage was the double sided gas burning fire place which divided the room, we enjoyed watching from our double person garden tub and the bed. The cottage was full of candles adding to the romance. For a little extra romance I ordered red roses and chocolate cover strawberries which were set up when we arrived.From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. They went out their way to "Spoil" us. The breakfast was to die for,it was better then moms cooking! quite a large meal compared to other b and bs that I have stayed. I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts but this one is the best.......

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vino s
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This beautifully restored Victorian made us feel right at home, since we are from Maine. The location made it easy for us to walk into town for lunch, dinner, coffee or a glass of wine. Every detail enhanced the comfort of staying there. The decor, the cleanliness, the incredible breakfast prepared lovingly ever morning, a warm and friendly staff. The owner, Cornelia, a hostess in every sense of the word. Her caring and warmth toward everyone created the tone of the place and our entire vacation. We felt nurtured and rejuvenated. It far surpassed any chain hotel you could ever stay in. Worth every penny. We would return in a minute. When in Gainesville, Florida stay here.

Room Tip: Heirloom Room had a lovely sun room with a couch
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I recently got married at Sweetwater. We decided to stay at the honeymoon cottage the day before and the evening of. Everything was top notch. The service was impeccable. The breakfast was delicious (I really appreciated the wide variety of choices). There was plenty of seating indoors and out on the covered porch. We spent a good bit of our time out in the garden. It is GORGEOUS! The location of the inn couldn't be much better. It's only a 2 block walk to the downtown area with tons of food and entertainment. Definitely check out this B&B! One of the best I've ever been to!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slhicks
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This was highly recommended by a friend who is a world wide traveler. I can see why. It was the most wonderful experience. The place was spotless , staff was top notch and the food was remarkable. I have to say the French Toast Caserole is the best thing I have ever eaten. Would highly recommend. Cannot wait to return. This was my first time to a B and B and it was totally unlike what I expected. Each suite-cottage has it own bathroom. I pictured it as having to share with one or more rooms. All staff went out of their way to make the stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I saw may rooms and they all look nice. We had a cottage , but I would stay in a regular room next...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Now that our children are no longer students at UF, my husband and I decided to treat ourselves and so last year and this we have chosen to stay at the Sweetwater Branch Inn for all the Gator home games. It is just like going back home each time we stay. The rooms are very comfortable and have everything you need. The breakfast each morning is delicious as well as the wine and cheese in the evening. Rachael makes you feel welcome the minute you arrive accomodating any and all your special requests. The other Guests you meet staying there are friendly and kind. I would highly recommend you stay at Sweetwaters for your time in Gainesville, it is better than any hotel you could find in the area.

Room Tip: We have stayed in both houses and various rooms. I have no complaints about any of them.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Debbie and Denn... C
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Sweetwater Branch Inn provides the beauty, eligance and charm of sophisticated class that is unmatched, the aroma within the home reminded me of days gone by, an era of my Grandmother's cooking (what a beautiful memory you gave me back)...the rooms are spacious and so inviting. The gardens are so relaxing and the food excellent. Sweetwater Branch Inn made an IMPACT on me that leaves me yearning to go back!!! THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends