“Wonderful, romantic, dog friendly B&B!!!”

The Magnolia Plantation Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Carriage House and it was perfect! The room was tidy, the bathroom was amazing and you can't beat the large wrap around patio. Cindy and Joe were the perfect hosts to our special weekend. They had great restaurant recommendations and made us feel at home. They were more than excited about our Labrador retriever saying the weekend too!

We're already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Julierivera21

Reviewed November 12, 2013

i fell in love with magnolia plantation. cindy and joe were so sweet and the food was delicious!! the grounds are breathtaking and relaxing, you would do yourself an injustice to stay in a hotel room as opposed to staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank katson267
Reviewed October 30, 2013

For a bed and breakfast inn, this is one of the most charming and delightful places I have ever stayed. Our cottage had a formal sitting room which we never used because the sun room was so perfect and cozy. Of course, there was a kitchen but because we were visiting my college daughter, we ate out all meals other than the delicious morning breakfast at the summer kitchen. (Cindy even made sure that my gluten free diet was taken care of, even though I cheated on one of the small yummy muffins.)

Joe and Cindy make everyone feel like family and part of the experience is just talking with them and hearing Gainesville lore.
The cottage is perfect for two couples, families or a bunch of friends getting together as long as you are not too rowdy. This is an inside joke that you can learn about by reading their interesting notebook in the cottage.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smartinellicpa
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a night away from home. We live in Gainesville just a few blocks away from the Magnolia Plantation, but needed an escape from the house, kids and work for a little time alone to rejuvenate and reconnect. The stay was relaxing and fun. We walked downtown for dinner and dessert. It was perfect. The room was quiet, clean and tastefully decorated. Wine and light food was available when we arrived. A delicious breakfast the next morning eaten on the outdoor deck with other guests was fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was the second time that I stayed at the Magnolia Plantation. The first visit was a romantic weekend getaway with hubby. The Secret Garden, one of the lovely cottages that is part of The Magnolia Plantation was perfect. Very private, luxurious jacuzzi bath, poster bed- plenty of room and I could have stayed forever! We did not cook, but there is a full kitchen. The breakfasts are outstanding- Cindy goes all out, and it is a delicious, full breakfast. I was able to stay once again last week. This was a working visit, and they could not have been more gracious. When I had to be at an early meeting, Cindy brought my breakfast right to my fridge so that I could just heat it and go in the morning. The location of the Magnolia Plantation is right in the Historic District downtown, so it is only blocks to museums, restaurants and entertainment. I will not hesitate to go again and to recommend to my friends. Additionally, there is enough room to make it the perfect place for a conference- and I will certainly be suggesting that to my organization. They have gone all out to decorate beautifully and make you feel right at home. What a great destination! I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Secret Garden is private, roomy and quiet. I have seen several of the other rooms, and it looks...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeannie H
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great people, friendly staff and a G-Ville gem!!!!

The rooms were very clean, and the landscape is very peaceful.....

Wish I had a chance to eat some of their food:-(

Anthony and Jenny
& sage!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and it was a romantic setting for a very happy visit. Loved the period details, the delicious breakfast, the chance to learn about the history of the house, and the friendliness of our hosts. My only complaint was steep stairs for carrying suitcases but Joe was kind enough to take our bags to our room for us.

Room Tip: Most period rooms had bathtubs. We wanted a shower and were able to select the appropriate room from...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple