“Great place to celebrate graduation”

Francesca's Trattoria
Ranked #24 of 583 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a large group of 17 to celebrate UF graduation and being from out of town, I had some difficulty finding a place that could accommodate us for lunch. The staff at Francesca's made it easy to arrange as they has a set graduation menu and explained in good detail all the logistics. Shel and Frances were very responsive in answering all my questions and made the event stress free. On the day of the event, the staff were very friendly and the service was prompt. The goat cheese crostinis were delicious! Our meal included and appetizer, salad, and entree. We choose to skip the dessert and it was a good decision because we were stuffed! The entrees were great and everyone enjoyed them. My only complaint (if you call it a complaint) was that the portion sizes of the entrees were huge. There were lots of leftovers, a good thing unless you had to fly out of town the following day. Thank you Francesca's, for a memorable experience on a very busy grad day!

There are newer reviews for Francesca's Trattoria

Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you want the best Italian with the freshest ingredients! Francesca's is the place to go! Their Chicken Marsala is the best I have ever had, but then again there isn't anything at Francesca's that I don't like. The service is exceptional, they treat you like family, and the atmosphere is peaceful and inviting. You always have more than enough to eat, with tremendous flavor. Please! Make sure you try the rolls while you are there, they are heavenly! It is family owned and operated, which makes Francesca's not the typical chain Italian restaurant. The food is made from scratch with love by Chef Michael. When you are in need of catering for a special event or party Mrs. Francis or Ms. Shel go above and beyond to make sure they add that special touch that will insure your event is a success.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I love Francesca's. By far, this is my favorite Italian restaurant in the area. It's probably my favorite restaurant in town. The food is wonderful. I love the bolognese sauce, the chicken Marsala, the seafood dishes.....everything I've tried has been wonderful. Even the bread is great! The atmosphere is very nice. The service is always good.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stopped at Francesca's now for the 3rd time in our travels from Bonita Springs, FL to Chicago and have found this place to be the best Italian restaurant we have found in ages. The service was excellent, nice wine list, pleasant surroundings, delicious food and plates that you can split or even get half servings. The salad was server nice and cold and the pasta nice and hot. It was a great way to spend a relaxing evening after being on the road for 5 hours. Our waiter, Clay did everything possible to make our dinner an enjoyable one. And the dessert was excellent as well. The overall meal for the 2 of us was priced fair. We will return on our next trip without a doubt!
Pat & Larry

1  Thank 5,328
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable flavor great value great atmosphere definitely will come back. I had chicken with lemon butter sauce angel hair pasta great flavor, outstanding, fresh enjoyable. Newly found favorite.