“Be prepared for sticker shock!”

Francesca's Trattoria
Ranked #29 of 568 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Be prepared for sticker shock!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food was good, but no where near worth the prices! The prices were outrageous for the quality and portions received. The service was great. The atmosphere was nice, nothing fancy. The food was okay. The prices were way out of line with the quality of food and the atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank deebeejoyful

coral springs florida
“Our rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner at Francesca's for 37 people. My wife worked with the manager for several months to plan everything. The event went wonderfully. Shel (the manager) had everything ready when we arrived as planned. The food was great. Our guests got a choice from 5 entrees. The portions were very generous and the taste and quality was outstanding. The wait staff did a very good job of serving and keeping up with the needs of all of our guests. The ambiance of the restaurant is quite nice as well. Elegant but not over the top. It is a very nice atmosphere. There was even some live music going on. All of our guests were very complimentary about the entire affair. Everyone commented on the quality and quantity of the food. Some even took "to-go" boxes.

We had visited Francesca's last Thanksgiving while on a scouting trip to Gainesville to find and select the venue for the dinner. Our dinner then was equally as good and that is why we chose to have the dinner there. Since that visit whenever we visit our son (a Gator) we make our way here for dinner.

Overall, I would highly recommend Francesca's for a nice evening out. Good food, good people, good prices.

Paul Mabel
pimab1950@gmail.com

Florida
“Good dinner but.....”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food (chicken parm) and service were great. Rather expensive (about $60.00 with salad and wine and entree for two people with the tax and tip added in) but nice for a special occasion. However, it was incredibly loud even without the live music (very nice duo). Impossible to keep yelling across the table or to hear our friends. Turned what we had hoped would be a lovely evening into a shouting match. Pity. The option would be to go there for lunch when it is quieter.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GalleryStars
Gainesville, Florida
“As good as My Momma!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have had yet another stellar dinner at Francesca's Trattoria. For a starter, I had the Pasta Fagioli, it was really very tasty. I had the Eggplant Rollatini for an entree and angel hair pasta. Wonderful. I am looking at the reviews here on the side of the page and just think those folks are kinda nuts.... one was too much food, and the other states they are too skimpy. What the??? Price is just fine for the value. We were there on a Thursday night and it was busy w live music. We were a party of 8 and we had excellent service from Clarissa, who took very good care of us. I know for a fact that the sauces and sausage are all prepared on site with no fillers of any kind. I have had in the past... the Chicken Milanese; the Seafood salad, both fired and sauteed; the Ravioli; the Panini's, as well as the Pizza. I have NEVER been disappointed. I can't wait to go again. As I stated in my title.... As good as my Momma's!!

Gainesville Florida
“Best visit ever!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I just recently went to Francesca's for a birthday dinner. I've been going there for years but this visit was absolutely the best!!! The wait staff was fabulous and the food even better!!! I couldn't have asked for a better chicken Milanese !! Hats off to the chefs!! It melted in my mouth!!!