“Again, unbelievable food...”

Francesca's Trattoria
Ranked #24 of 574 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Again, unbelievable food...”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have a very biased and seriously influenced opinion. I love this place. I come through town one or twice a year and they treat me like family. I don't order off the menu. I ask them what I should have. Although this time I had a dispute...I wanted tomatoes. The manager, owner and chef all insisted I should have the crab-encrusted snapper in a cream sauce. I hate crab. I HATE CRAB. And I'm not a dairy fan. But experience has proven to me to trust their judgement.

That was the best piece of fish I've ever had. It was unreal. It was what fine cuisine is all about.
I've had fish fresh from mountain streams still wriggle after being cooked on the camp fire. I've had shark, marlin, every kind of white fish you can name, (I lived in Oregon for 18 years), tuna, i love me some sushi and have had it in Washington, Oregon, California, Utah (which was ridiculously awesome), Montana (weak), Florida, Texas, Mexico and Hawaii. None of them could touch this. They did give me a side of fresh-made noodles and marinara, which was awesome and wholesome and gave me what I needed. That meal was four for four of unreal food.

I travel frequently and all across the U.S. Francesca's remains, heads and tails, as the best Italian food that I've ever had, anywhere. And, aside from one sushi spot in Utah (I know...believe me I know...), might be the best restaurant I've ever been to.

Consistently the food is unreal. Atmosphere is excellent, service is top notch, bathrooms are sparkly clean and the bar tenders will rock your drinks off all with a "sit-down-and-eat" vibe that feels like home.

I love it. I will always come her.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank NoahPeterson

Weston, Florida
“Great family italian place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Like what we read on TA about this place. Food was great--as was service. All the usual stand-bys on the menu. Food very fresh and plentiful. Eggplant parm, penne a la vodka--really good. Nice, inexpensive wine list and cocktail menu too. Michael was our waiter--terrific. Will be back when traveling through G'ville

Visited July 2013
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Excellent Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We made a reservation for our wedding anniversary dinner and for a Saturday night the atmosphere was quiet and low key. You can choose to dress up and make it a date night out or dress casually and have a family dinner. The service was very prompt and they will check on you a lot to make sure you have all that you need. Delicious Italian food and fairly priced with a friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
Washington, Dc
“Superb!!! Great seafood and pasta!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had my first dinner at this restaurant June 27. I was visiting from Washington DC. I was exceptionally pleased with the quality and tastiness of the dishes! I and two brothers had seafood salads and seafood pasta entrees: fish Francesca, piscatory, and I had the special fettuccine ala Francesca that included a large lobster. I was wowed with the very fresh and perfectly cooked shrimp, savoring each one. I selected a top quality Italian red that was only marked up 200%. My experience with fine restaurants is 300%-400% so the restaurant also won me over with this wine pricing policy.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Babylonviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Business or Pleasure-you've got visit Francesca's!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been dining @ Francesca's since they opened several years ago and love it! Whether your palette craves homemade Italian pasta dishes, chicken, seafood or simply a fresh salad, every dish is delicious. Francesca's friendly staff is the best and they out of their way to make your dining experience a true pleasure. It's a Gainesville "secret place" to escape for a casual lunch, a business lunch or dinner, or that special place for a romantic and/or family dinner. The owners are so appreciative for your business and they go out of their way to make your dining experience memorable. We recommend making reservations, especially for large groups or a special occassion. Have a favorite that's not on the menu? Let them know in advance and they'll make it for you! (By the way, they can also cater events for you at your home or office.)

Visited May 2013