“Hidden gem in Gainesville”

Francesca's Trattoria
Ranked #24 of 594 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were visiting from out of town, and were so impressed with the quality of the food here we ate 4 meals during our stay! All breads, desserts, pastas home made on premises. Relaxed atmosphere. Delicious food, attentive service. They are also very accommodating about special requests. We look forward to our next visit to Gainesville so we can return to Francesca's Trattoria!

1  Thank travelgalillinois

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love the food hear. Their seafood specials are delicious. Try the seared Tuna salad. Super delicious manicotti, mushroom chicken pasta. This place is always crowded but they attend to each guests efficiently. Delicious garlic bread!! They also have live music on a few days!

2  Thank NamzyIno
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've only eaten here once and I wouldn't return. With all the excellent reviews I almost have to think that something might have been off the night I dined there. I went with a group of about 8 other ladies. Presentation of food was lifeless and uninspired. My Ravioli was soggy and tasteless while others entrees were swimming in butter or oil. No one at the table complimented the food so my guess is that perhaps theirs too was sub par. I didn't see a dish on the table that looked appetizing. The person next to me had seafood and the fishy smell was overwhelming. The one person who complained about the oil her fish was floating in was simply informed that the dish is served that way. She was left to drain the oil off herself.

3  Thank viviane730
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I ate octopus with ink on hand crafted pasta and shrimp. This is a delicious dish that is not often served. It was outstanding and the portion was generous. Everyone at the table was pleasantly surprised.

2  Thank Skippymom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Italian food is my favorite. there is a great selection of wines, great service and the food is fantastic. This place is always busy an I can see why. the menu is more traditional Italian food but is well prepared. the staff is more than willing to make the experience a good one. the prices a moderate to high but so worth it.

3  Thank shunkins