“Family owned, real Italian, homemade everything.”

Francesca's Trattoria
Ranked #25 of 589 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and I eat here about once a month. I have never found it lacking. The service, ambience, and especially the FOOD are outstanding. They make a pasta fagioli soup that I must have when there is a nip in the air. If you go at lunch time, you can have it with a knock-out salad and amazing balsamic vinagrette with a large bowl of hearty soup for under $10. I love the eggplant rollatini -- always tender under a simple marinara with clear, fresh flavors of basil and olive oil. The stuffed salmon is decadently delicious. I always think I will abandon it when I see the lobsters all around me (a crowd favorite) but so far, I'm hooked on the fish. My son loves a dish called Chicken Massimo (sp), which is served on a platter -- no kidding. But he's 16 and skinny, so bon appetit!
And it's open on Mondays, which is rare in this town...

3  Thank lduke1

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went with a group of Gals on Friday night, food was just OK, had to ask for rolls and cheese for the top of our meals, and the worst thing.....refills of water and tea.....Overpriced....I won't be going back again....know they have been having problems and I can see why!

3  Thank foodpig
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been regular customers since their opening and decided to have Fran's cater our office Christmas Party for approximately 20 people. While we are familiar with the high quality food and service, our expectations were far exceeded. The food arrived to our home on time, and was promptly and professionally set-up. As usual, the food was delicious and no one left hungry!

We highly recommend Francesca's Trattoria (for dine-in, take-out or catering).

Thank you to the entire team.

Regards,
Jim Vignola, AIA, Skinner Vignola McLean, Inc.

1  Thank James V
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Elegance with friendly comfort. We have enjoyed a romantic dinner for two, returned with friends for an early meal, and had a successful business lunch. You will enjoy the staff's attention to service and a menu which includes dinner that you might have thought was only possible in a fantasy.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We came to Gainsville to watch the Mizzou vs. Florida game and read the previous reviews of Francesca's and we hoping the food was up to the reviews. We were completely impressed with the quality of the food and the friendliness of the entire staff. The bartender was very friendly and the waitress had some tremendous suggestions for both appetizers and main entrees. After our meal one of the owners came over to the table and spent time telling us about their success in Gainsville for the last 5 years. I highly recommend for very good Italian food and ambiance!

1  Thank Formans