“the one & only”
Review of Napolatano's

Napolatano's
Ranked #20 of 583 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Napolatano's has been serving Gainesville since 1979. We have one of the most extensive selections of entrees in town -- Featuring hand tossed pizza, traditional and trendy pasta dishes, the freshest seafood, huge burgers and subs, Gainesville's best chicken wings, monthly chef specials and certified Angus beefsteaks. With dine-in, take-out, delivery and family-sized meals available, Napolatano's can be enjoyed with any sized group anywhere. Enjoy our daily specials and events, including Tuesday's half-priced appetizers, Wednesday's live music and burger specials, Thursday's Pub Night comfort food specials, Karaoke every Friday night, prime rib on Saturdays and music from local bands every Sunday on our patio. We have three private rooms for business meetings, birthday parties and rehearsal dinners. On and off premises catering is also offered. We are open Tuesday through Sunday 4 p.m. on.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Big ups once again to the crew at nappy's. Each year at our employee recognition ceremony, we ask employees who they prefer cater our veggie meals. It is always an astounding NAPPY'S. each year the request for veggie meals have grown. The food is DEEELICIOUS & the service is great. Thanks Nappy's. Looking foward to our next event.

ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

We enjoy changing our menu and adding different dishes- we always want everyone to enjoy their meal. Come back again soon and enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Napolatano's

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nappy's has been a special place for us recently - not only did they help arrange our wedding reception, they also 'secretly' helped my now husband plan a romantic wedding proposal. The staff are friendly and the food is great! Thank you

We love being a part of people's special moments, its a part of why we take pride in being a family restaurant!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I, my family, and my co-workers have visited this restaurant for the past 23 years. I know it's hard to believe, but no one I know has ever complained about the food! Always fresh, hot meal (unless ordering a cold sandwich), and delicious with an Italian flavor and atmosphere.

The restaurant is clean and, although it's been around a good while, it never has the feeling of an old restaurant. The owner, manager, and employees are always hospitable, courteous, and accommodating.

And if this is not enough, on the other side of the restaurant, they also have a bar, tables, and large TV screen for those special sports games, esp., the local Gators!

They also accommodate a large party in a separate, large, attractive room, as well. And their celebration cakes and desserts are to die for!!!!

Come enjoy as we always have!

1  Thank Sgranjax

23 years is a great deal of time, we are so happy to hear that you always return to enjoy what Napolotano's has to offer!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you want to enjoy a fun laid back atmosphere then Napolatano's is the place for you. Our waitress made the whole experience so great. Liena took was attentive and so patient with our waffling of what to eat. When asked about several dishes she gave great direction so you know she has tried the dishes herself .
We have come to Nappy's for years and usually get the white pie....which never disappoints my husband. Our group was happy, enjoyed their meal choices and best of all want to come back again. The value is about what you would pay for Gainesville. We are so glad to patronize home town establishment since this town has too few left.

Napolotano's always wants to create a great time with all of our guests; these reviews help us know that we are doing our job. Come back and enjoy our food soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

A friend of mine who lives in Gainesville recommended this restaurant as a local favorite when I was in town so I tried it. She went on how good it was so I was really expecting something special.

Unfortunately, the dining experience didn’t meet my expectation. I started with a small order of fried mozzarella which was okay – not bad but nothing spectacular. I ordered a glass of sangria – same theme as the appetizer – not bad but nothing spectacular.

For dinner, I ordered Veal Parmigiana with a side of angel hair pasta without sauce (butter only). It comes with a house salad which was good and a basket of garlic bread which was actually the best part of the meal. The Veal Parmigiana came out and was covered with a very HEAVY tomato sauce and a sheet of cheese. The angel hair pasta came out as requested in a bowl with butter only and was okay. I wish that I could say the same for the veal. It was very tough and lacked much flavor. The overwhelming taste was this very average tasting tomato sauce. I am used to being able to cut veal with a fork and being tender and favorable. This veal served required me to saw it with my knife. For a $17 dish, I certainly expect A LOT MORE.

I have had many great meals at the chain restaurant Carrabba's that were cheaper than this meal and were a lot more remarkable and tasty. I would have probably rated this restaurant 2.5 stars but rounded up to 3 stars. I will not visit here again on my next trip to Gainesville.

You may have caught us on an off day because we always try to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. You should give us a second try and visit us again on your next trip in Gainesville.