“This Restaurant Has It All!”
Review of Napolatano's

Napolatano's
Ranked #21 of 568 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Napolatano's has been serving Gainesville since 1979. We have one of the most extensive selections of entrees in town -- Featuring hand tossed pizza, traditional and trendy pasta dishes, the freshest seafood, huge burgers and subs, Gainesville's best chicken wings, monthly chef specials and certified Angus beefsteaks. With dine-in, take-out, delivery and family-sized meals available, Napolatano's can be enjoyed with any sized group anywhere. Enjoy our daily specials and events, including Tuesday's half-priced appetizers, Wednesday's live music and burger specials, Thursday's Pub Night comfort food specials, Karaoke every Friday night, prime rib on Saturdays and music from local bands every Sunday on our patio. We have three private rooms for business meetings, birthday parties and rehearsal dinners. On and off premises catering is also offered. We are open Tuesday through Sunday 4 p.m. on.
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Restaurant Has It All!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I, my family, and my co-workers have visited this restaurant for the past 23 years. I know it's hard to believe, but no one I know has ever complained about the food! Always fresh, hot meal (unless ordering a cold sandwich), and delicious with an Italian flavor and atmosphere.

The restaurant is clean and, although it's been around a good while, it never has the feeling of an old restaurant. The owner, manager, and employees are always hospitable, courteous, and accommodating.

And if this is not enough, on the other side of the restaurant, they also have a bar, tables, and large TV screen for those special sports games, esp., the local Gators!

They also accommodate a large party in a separate, large, attractive room, as well. And their celebration cakes and desserts are to die for!!!!

Come enjoy as we always have!

1 Thank Sgranjax
ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
23 years is a great deal of time, we are so happy to hear that you always return to enjoy what Napolotano's has to offer!

Tioga, Florida
“A great place to gather with friends”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you want to enjoy a fun laid back atmosphere then Napolatano's is the place for you. Our waitress made the whole experience so great. Liena took was attentive and so patient with our waffling of what to eat. When asked about several dishes she gave great direction so you know she has tried the dishes herself .
We have come to Nappy's for years and usually get the white pie....which never disappoints my husband. Our group was happy, enjoyed their meal choices and best of all want to come back again. The value is about what you would pay for Gainesville. We are so glad to patronize home town establishment since this town has too few left.

• Visited March 2013
ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Napolotano's always wants to create a great time with all of our guests; these reviews help us know that we are doing our job. Come back and enjoy our food soon!
Palm Bay, Florida
“Was expecting more…”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A friend of mine who lives in Gainesville recommended this restaurant as a local favorite when I was in town so I tried it. She went on how good it was so I was really expecting something special.

Unfortunately, the dining experience didn’t meet my expectation. I started with a small order of fried mozzarella which was okay – not bad but nothing spectacular. I ordered a glass of sangria – same theme as the appetizer – not bad but nothing spectacular.

For dinner, I ordered Veal Parmigiana with a side of angel hair pasta without sauce (butter only). It comes with a house salad which was good and a basket of garlic bread which was actually the best part of the meal. The Veal Parmigiana came out and was covered with a very HEAVY tomato sauce and a sheet of cheese. The angel hair pasta came out as requested in a bowl with butter only and was okay. I wish that I could say the same for the veal. It was very tough and lacked much flavor. The overwhelming taste was this very average tasting tomato sauce. I am used to being able to cut veal with a fork and being tender and favorable. This veal served required me to saw it with my knife. For a $17 dish, I certainly expect A LOT MORE.

I have had many great meals at the chain restaurant Carrabba's that were cheaper than this meal and were a lot more remarkable and tasty. I would have probably rated this restaurant 2.5 stars but rounded up to 3 stars. I will not visit here again on my next trip to Gainesville.

ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
You may have caught us on an off day because we always try to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. You should give us a second try and visit us again on your next trip in Gainesville.
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's sad when Olive Garden is better...”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food is greasy, the sauce tastes canned, the prices too high for the product...

The list goes on.

I would avoid this place at all cost.

1 Thank freedomwriter88
ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are sorry to hear that this experience was not an excellent one that we try to create. We hope your next visit to Nappy's will be beyond your expectations.
Gainesville, Florida
“Napolotano's Still The Best Italian In Town”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Once again we visited Napolotano's and the St Jacob's Saute was without equal as usual. We discovered this dish, created by Napolotano's executive chef, and I don't think we've had anything else since. It's that good. Spinach noodles, shrimp, scallops, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, all in a butter sauce that is to die for. The owners, Dean and Ginger are the most hospitable folks on the planet and go to great lengths to ensure your visit is a pleasant one. By the way, the pizza and chicken wings are also great as well as everything else on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank rodneytherock
ggnappy, Owner at Napolatano's, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
So great to hear that you thoroughly enjoy our dishes. We love putting new items on the menu to cater to different tastes. Come back and enjoy our dishes soon!